grim22

Rules Don't Apply | Nov 11 2016 | Howard Hughes biopic / Romantic Comedy directed by Warren Beatty | 2016 | Beatty, Lily Collins, Matthew Broderick, Alec Baldwin, Annette Bening. First pics on page 1

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

So @CJohn is going to stan for this because Haley Bennett is in it and of course it will fail miserably because of that.

Also trailer seemed decent.

I legit only watched the first trailer because filmlover referenced she was in it but then she is in like 2 seconds of the trailer and I was super sad.

49 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I legit only watched the first trailer because filmlover referenced she was in it but then she is in like 2 seconds of the trailer and I was super sad.

If it makes you feel better, she's featured in the second trailer more. ;)

Maybe there is something about Lilly Collins that I just couldn't seebut she's simply unappealing in movies I've seen of her so far.

The trailers for this are decent enough but her acting in the central role still seems just as dull as it normally is. 

16 credited producers: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warren-beattys-new-movie-has-939575

How many billionaires does it take to make a movie about a reclusive billionaire? In the case of Warren Beatty's Howard Hughes pic Rules Don't Apply, which Fox has begun screening ahead of its Nov. 23 release, it took 16 credited producers — many of them the richest individuals associated with Hollywood.

That number isn't unusual for a film assembled using financing from multiple sources, but the blue-chip backers all have been given a "produced by" credit rather than the customary "executive producer" given to moneymen and women. At a screening for industry tastemakers Oct. 13, the end credits contained a card reading “Produced and directed by Warren Beatty” that was followed by three more cards, with five names per card, listing all the other producers involved. The massive list has rankled the Producers Guild of America, which is currently reviewing contributions of those listed to decide who deserves its "p.g.a." mark that follows a producer's name when determined he or she actually has done the heavy lifting of getting a movie made.

"I would think there were not 16 producers who really produced Warren's movie," says producer Hawk Koch, who, with Mark Gordon, worked for years to establish the mark to ensure that a movie's real producers get the credit they deserve. "Knowing Warren and having worked with him on several films, there's one person who produced that movie, and his name is Warren Beatty."

Because Rules is being vetted at the moment, the PGA declined to comment on how it might decide who gets p.g.a. marks on the film. But PGA executive director Vance Van Petten says: "We know it's very difficult for filmmakers to raise funding — that's why there's an executive producer credit. It's sad to see the produced-by credit being given away. And to have 16 produced-by credits is really deplorable."

• Like 1