grim22

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark | August 9 2019 | Guillermo Del Toro not directing, John August scripting

8 hours ago, JB33 said:

This seems like it would have done well in October. There's the Zombieland sequel in October but nothing else screams Halloween.

The Addams Family does too (although I don’t think I’d ever care about scheduling against a UA release).

Review embargo seems to end Thursday... 

Edited by harrisonisdead

10 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I used to think that was a bad sign but a few movies lately have been dropping the ball with late embargos 

I know what you mean. I don't know what it is but I have this gut feeling this will get good reviews. It looks unique, not a run of the mill scary movie. I think it was @dudalb who said the original books are fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ViewerAnon said:

One thing to keep in mind is that it's pretty long. Some critics might feel beaten down by it.

Just read your posts on the previous page. So this is indeed a good one, huh?

15 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

I liked it a fair bit, but I also saw it when it was about 25 minutes longer so I'm not up to date on the final cut.

Do you plan on seeing the final cut at some point? I'm liking what I'm hearing so far!