grim22

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark | August 9 2019 | Guillermo Del Toro not directing, John August scripting

5 hours ago, RealLyre said:

if this is anywhere as good as the autopsy of Jane Doe, I'm going to love it. 

I've been meaning to watch that. I heard it was fantastic! What are your thoughts (beyond the fact you obviously loved it)?

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

I've been meaning to watch that. I heard it was fantastic! What are your thoughts (beyond the fact you obviously loved it)?

Autopsy of Jane Doe is so effective. It’s actually properly scary at some points. It’s quick, fast paced and pretty unique too. 

Scary Stories is 89% with 9 reviews 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Autopsy of Jane Doe is so effective. It’s actually properly scary at some points. It’s quick, fast paced and pretty unique too. 

Scary Stories is 89% with 9 reviews 

91% now with 11 reviews

6.74 average, pretty good start

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RealLyre said:

if this is anywhere as good as the autopsy of Jane Doe, I'm going to love it. 

I can’t believe I’ve just realised this is the same director, shame on me! 

5 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The Autopsy of Jane Doe is one of the best horror movies of the past 5 years, imo.

Agreed. 

Yeah this film is looking like a success at the moment. Doing well critically and we'll see about the box office, but that's looking promising too.

Seeing The Kitchen on Sunday and I think I'm seeing this on Tuesday. We'll see.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:19 PM, MOVIEGUY said:

This wasn't bad. The horror/monster elements were well done and the best part of the movie but the kid actors did a good job too. I just wish they could have more with the art style in the books.

Nice to know the horror/monster elements were the best part because I was going to ask, is this movie actually scary in parts? There were parts of the trailer that were genuinely unnerving so I have hope.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Nice to know the horror/monster elements were the best part because I was going to ask, is this movie actually scary in parts? There were parts of the trailer that were genuinely unnerving so I have hope.

Might shock you to know a movie can be very scary without an "R
 rating.

Came in #2 behind Hobbes with 20 Million,exceeding expectations for it. Given it was done on a small budget it's going to be an box office success. Sequels probably on the way.

I enjoyed it; thought the storyline was a clever way to the book, since the book is basically a collection of "Campfire Scary Stories" retold.

The "Hearse Song" use was clever....

"Remember when a Hearse goes by

You might be the next to die"

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yeah for PG-13 it was pretty unnerving, one scene in particular I was pretty freaked out during.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 1:13 PM, dudalb said:

Might shock you to know a movie can be very scary without an "R
 rating.

Came in #2 behind Hobbes with 20 Million,exceeding expectations for it. Given it was done on a small budget it's going to be an box office success. Sequels probably on the way.

I enjoyed it; thought the storyline was a clever way to the book, since the book is basically a collection of "Campfire Scary Stories" retold.

The "Hearse Song" use was clever....

"Remember when a Hearse goes by

You might be the next to die"

Good to hear you enjoyed it, especially since you're familiar with the book. I'll eventually check this out for sure.