Impact

Best Picture predictions-2016!

Silence seems incredibly likely.. other than that it is nearly impossible to tell. Manchester by the Sea is also getting a lot of buzz at the moment, doesn't seem like a usual oscar contender though. I'm hoping Passengers ends up being great as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Lock it down folks.

BIRTH OF A NATION is coming for the BP WIN in 2017

4 OSCAR noms for Nate Parker.

Weren't you the one calling for Steve Jobs to win Best Picture back in August or something? Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

• Like 2

btw reactions to birth of a nation seem pretty good but not great to me. I'm sure it'll get nominations but wins? hmm. On paper this year looks strong to me. though every year looks strong on paper I guess, you just gotta wait for 70% of it to flop.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

btw reactions to birth of a nation seem pretty good but not great to me. I'm sure it'll get nominations but wins? hmm. On paper this year looks strong to me. though every year looks strong on paper I guess, you just gotta wait for 70% of it to flop.

It has a killer narrative

Big studio, importance, big cast, solid reviews so far, male centric story

All these 5 components led films like 12 YAS and soon, TBS, to a win

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm also happy that Armie Hammer is finally going to appear in a movie that's looking to be really successful for the first time since his breakthrough in The Social Network.

people are gonna be so pissed when Armie Hammer is the only nomination for that movie.

• Like 2