WrathOfHan

Wind River | August 4, 2017 | Taylor Sheridan directing and writing | Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen

On 3/17/2017 at 11:39 PM, slambros said:

Can't wait!

Well, I'm glad I mustered up the strength to wait! I went and saw it, and I thought it was very well done! As a college student taking a film analysis class, I want this one to resonate with me! One of the best of the year so far in my opinion, and I really do think others should see it.

I'm also really happy that this film has become a respectable sleeper hit!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slambros said:

Well, I'm glad I mustered up the strength to wait! I went and saw it, and I thought it was very well done! As a college student taking a film analysis class, I want this one to resonate with me! One of the best of the year so far in my opinion, and I really do think others should see it.

I'm also really happy that this film has become a respectable sleeper hit!

It's done very well for an "indie". It's already outgrossed Hell or High Water, which is surprising & nice as well. 

On 9/15/2017 at 5:08 PM, The Futurist said:

The violence bursts in this were so weird and over the top.

Also what s the caliber of Jeremy Renner s rifle ?

It felt like it was a war cannon.

:rofl:

He had a high powered rifle, a Marlin 1895SBL. The same rifle Owen carried in Jurassic World.

Edited by Bishop54

One of the best of the year for me. Renner was great and that's coming from a non-fan. I don't buy him in most of what I've seen him in. I didn't buy him as a Secret Agent, nor did I buy him as a Scientist in Arrival...but this role I totally bought in to. Pretty dynamite stuff. 

• Like 1

This will no longer carry any traces of the Weinstein name when it comes out on DVD and when it becomes available for streaming on Netflix.

EXCLUSIVE: The Taylor Sheridan-directed Wind River has severed the connection between the film and the scandal-scarred Harvey Weinstein and his former The Weinstein Company label. A deal has been completed that will excise all mention of Weinstein both on its home video release through Lionsgate and streaming release through Netflix, and also on awards-season screeners. The latter will be part of an Oscar campaign that will now be fully funded by the film’s principal financier Acacia Entertainment. An entity that is backed by the Tunica-Biloxi tribes, Acacia put up a majority of the under $10 million budget to make the film.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/wind-river-strips-weinstein-company-name-oscar-campaign-tunica-biloxi-tribe-financiers-taylor-sheridan-jeremy-renner-elizabeth-olsen-harvey-weinstein-1202194393/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

This will no longer carry any traces of the Weinstein name when it comes out on DVD and when it becomes available for streaming on Netflix.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/wind-river-strips-weinstein-company-name-oscar-campaign-tunica-biloxi-tribe-financiers-taylor-sheridan-jeremy-renner-elizabeth-olsen-harvey-weinstein-1202194393/

Good.  Now I can watch this movie at home and not feel guilty

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1