10 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Blumhouse is so quiet this year, after releasing a bunch of terrible movies last year. 

You're right, I didn't even realise. Although they do produce the Purge films with Platinum Dunes but Election Year isn't on Blums BOM page. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Alright Folks, so I've decided that this year for the month of October leading into Halloween, that I'm going to watch 1 horror movie a day til Oct 31st.. Normally, I work a lot and watch them sporadically and spread out over the course when I can, but the movies I'm going to watch will in fact, be "Classic Horror".. Tonight, it's my only night off and then back to work tomorrow and since I'm fighting this head cold or allergies, which ever, I'm going to start early and watch one tonight after SMACKDOWN..

1. We begin tonight's Horror movie with the Immortal Classic, PHANTASM.. :bravo:

nightmare phantasm don coscarelli 

Great choice! Very creepy movie, first saw this movie by a local Horror host in Indiana named Sammy Terry(if anyone from Indiana who knows who he is let me know he did some great stuff in the 80's). I have that version and the anchor bay DVD. That scene gif is a strange scene but very effective. 

7 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Alright Folks, so I've decided that this year for the month of October leading into Halloween, that I'm going to watch 1 horror movie a day til Oct 31st.. Normally, I work a lot and watch them sporadically and spread out over the course when I can, but the movies I'm going to watch will in fact, be "Classic Horror".. Tonight, it's my only night off and then back to work tomorrow and since I'm fighting this head cold or allergies, which ever, I'm going to start early and watch one tonight after SMACKDOWN..

1. We begin tonight's Horror movie with the Immortal Classic, PHANTASM.. :bravo:

Excellent choice. One of my faves.

Can't get enough of this.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

nightmare phantasm don coscarelli 

I do that every October.  I watch at least one horror/Halloween film a day.  One year it ended watching the original Halloween on October 31st in a theater for the first time :)  yes I saw the movie many times just not in a theater

and yes good start by you :) 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 4:45 PM, Napoleon said:

Did you guys watch this movie called The Hallow?

It opens here next month, it seems interesting and it has good reviews but audience score is low.

It's a very effective horror film if you can get into its subtle though nightmarish tone.

On 26/09/2016 at 10:59 AM, Krissykins said:

You're right, I didn't even realise. Although they do produce the Purge films with Platinum Dunes but Election Year isn't on Blums BOM page. 

Seriously, I'm not kidding when I say that Blumhouse is one of the worst things that happened to the genre in the past years.

While they do have some good things, like Sinister, most of these movies are absolutely trash, this strategy of making cheap movies to maximise the profits, may work for them, but we end receiving a bunch of terrible movies that only burn the good reputation of the genre.

Heres the release slate so far for 2017.

No horrors slated for June or July, I'm sure that'll change after this summer.

January 6th, 2017:
Amityville: The Awakening

Underworld: Blood Wars

January 13th, 2017:
The Bye Bye Man

January 20th, 2017:
Split

January 27th, 2017:
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

February 3rd, 2017:
Blumhouse Untitled Horror
Rings