Yeh, fantastic drop for The Boy.

This weeks new releases don't look too promising, so although it's Superbowl weekend, it could have an ok drop. Then we'll know if $30M is a possibility.

That Weinstein/Dimension film "Viral" that was scheduled for wide release on February 19th has now disappeared from the schedule. Surprise Surprise. Weinstein company is such a mess these days. 

I may have to catch both The Forest and The Boy at some point.  neither looked taht great from trailers though.  But I haven't seen a horror flick in the theaters for a while so I should give one a chance.  

and I can't believe I never saw Trick r Treat until last night.  I could have sworn I did, but after watching the whole thing, I realized I must have only caught part of it.  But either way, it was a fun little flick :)  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 75live said:

I may have to catch both The Forest and The Boy at some point.  neither looked taht great from trailers though.  But I haven't seen a horror flick in the theaters for a while so I should give one a chance.  

and I can't believe I never saw Trick r Treat until last night.  I could have sworn I did, but after watching the whole thing, I realized I must have only caught part of it.  But either way, it was a fun little flick :)  

Trick r Treat? Never heard about this before 

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Trick r Treat? Never heard about this before 

I always heard about and it got such a little release that it was hard to find.  It happened to be OnDemand so I figured I would finally watch it.   It's kind of a cult favorite now.  it's from 2007 and is an American/Canadian production about 4 halloween related stories and it made this little guy below kind of a mainstay in some horror circles

382_1r167q3526.jpg

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 75live said:

I always heard about and it got such a little release that it was hard to find.  It happened to be OnDemand so I figured I would finally watch it.   It's kind of a cult favorite now.  it's from 2007 and is an American/Canadian production about 4 halloween related stories and it made this little guy below kind of a mainstay in some horror circles

382_1r167q3526.jpg

I see, is this for kids? I love Halloween stories, I may check it on NetFlix 

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I see, is this for kids? I love Halloween stories, I may check it on NetFlix 

no definitely not for kids :P  it's a hard R rating

but it is part comedy too.

I'm just glad I finally got see it considering how huge a horror movie guy I am, i almost felt ashamed not to have seen it until yesterday :P 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 75live said:

no definitely not for kids :P  it's a hard R rating

but it is part comedy too.

I'm just glad I finally got see it considering how huge a horror movie guy I am, i almost felt ashamed not to have seen it until yesterday :P 

haha, I understand you, my dear, there's a lot of horror movies that I don't even heard before, and it's so hard to find them on DVD, and since I hate downloading movies, I barely know any movie that is not released on cinemas 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

haha, I understand you, my dear, there's a lot of horror movies that I don't even heard before, and it's so hard to find them on DVD, and since I hate downloading movies, I barely know any movie that is not released on cinemas 

yeah I don't download at all either so yeah I am in the same boat.  But luckily with my cable having their OnDemand service a lot of films just pop up that I can watch so I tend to catch any I can that way.

But I usually pretty caught up since I see so many in the theater or just wait until their first run on cable :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah I don't download at all either so yeah I am in the same boat.  But luckily with my cable having their OnDemand service a lot of films just pop up that I can watch so I tend to catch any I can that way.

But I usually pretty caught up since I see so many in the theater or just wait until their first run on cable :) 

You should always watch at cinemas, it's always good to support the genre :P 

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You should always watch at cinemas, it's always good to support the genre :P 

I always prefer the theater but horror tends to be so hit or miss that the trailers really have to sell me.  But I probably have a few this year that I will see in the cinema.  As long as some idiot kids don't ruin it like they did for It Follows :angry:

16 minutes ago, 75live said:

I always prefer the theater but horror tends to be so hit or miss that the trailers really have to sell me.  But I probably have a few this year that I will see in the cinema.  As long as some idiot kids don't ruin it like they did for It Follows :angry:

Kids watching IF? Wtf? :ph34r: 

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Kids watching IF? Wtf? :ph34r: 

yep, they were laughing and giggling the whole time which for a movie like It Follows which depends on atmosphere, that literally destroyed all of it for me

it's not the worst thing I have seen.  When I saw the Friday the 13th remake at 12:01 am, so yes I literally saw Friday the 13th as soon as it literally became Friday the 13th, which was pretty awesome, there were parents that brought 8-10 year old kids to the theater.  So I have seen kids range from younger to older in horror films

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 75live said:

yep, they were laughing and giggling the whole time which for a movie like It Follows which depends on atmosphere, that literally destroyed all of it for me

it's not the worst thing I have seen.  When I saw the Friday the 13th remake at 12:01 am, so yes I literally saw Friday the 13th as soon as it literally became Friday the 13th, which was pretty awesome, there were parents that brought 8-10 year old kids to the theater.  So I have seen kids range from younger to older in horror films

Isn't IF rated R? How did kids watch it? :ph34r: 

I also had a terrible experience watching IF, the room was really full, but there was these stupid teenagers behind me that didn't stop complaining about "how boring the movie was", and they didn't left till the end, it was so annoying, and as you said, IF is a movie that you needs a good atmosphere to watch it, that's probably the reason why I hated that movie...... 

kids watching Jason? What's wrong with these parents? Although, I can't complain about it, since my mother put me to watch Final Destiantion when I was 7 years old, :lol: 

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Isn't IF rated R? How did kids watch it? :ph34r: 

I also had a terrible experience watching IF, the room was really full, but there was these stupid teenagers behind me that didn't stop complaining about "how boring the movie was", and they didn't left till the end, it was so annoying, and as you said, IF is a movie that you needs a good atmosphere to watch it, that's probably the reason why I hated that movie...... 

kids watching Jason? What's wrong with these parents? Although, I can't complain about it, since my mother put me to watch Final Destiantion when I was 7 years old, :lol: 

it really isn't hard to get into an R rated film, or I know it was pretty easy when i was doing it when I was like 12 :P  i don't fault them for getting in, but just don't ruin the film for me.  Like I laugh at the Final Destination films are they are supposed to be somewhat funny in the kills, but yeah certain movies really need some silence to work.  I even knew that as a kid.

21 minutes ago, 75live said:

it really isn't hard to get into an R rated film, or I know it was pretty easy when i was doing it when I was like 12 :P  i don't fault them for getting in, but just don't ruin the film for me.  Like I laugh at the Final Destination films are they are supposed to be somewhat funny in the kills, but yeah certain movies really need some silence to work.  I even knew that as a kid.

Haha! True, there are horror movies that are great to watch with a crowd, like FD movies, PA, Saw, they're movies that it's ok to scream/laugh, but most of horror movies are ruined because of these stupid teenagers that are always talking or using phone during the movies, that's why I always watch horror movies during week and at night, so, it's more 'quiet' 

my best experience watching horror movies at cinema was Sinister 1, it was fucking intense! 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1