25 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah there are a lot of American remakes and I don't mind that either.  Some are at least just as good so I don't mind.  Plus like you said, a lot of people wouldn't even know some of them.  Like I personally prefer the US version of Let Me Go to the foreign original.  But that's me

Let Me In? is one of my favorite US remakes as well. I think Alexandre Aja's The Hills Have Eyes is a pretty damn good one too.

13 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Let Me In? is one of my favorite US remakes as well. I think Alexandre Aja's The Hills Have Eyes is a pretty damn good one too.

THHE is so fucking intense, I remember that I watched it when I was a kid and it made me want to throw up, lol. Sadly that the sequel is so bad......

I thought that Aja would have a great future in the horror genre, but, it seems that his only relevant work is THHE, Piranha is really great too, but unfortunately, didn't receive the recognition that deserved 

6 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

THHE is so fucking intense, I remember that I watched it when I was a kid and it made me want to throw up, lol. Sadly that the sequel is so bad......

I thought that Aja would have a great future in the horror genre, but, it seems that his only relevant work is THHE, Piranha is really great too, but unfortunately, didn't receive the recognition that deserved 

If you want intense, check out his breakthrough Switchblade Romance.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Yes I meant Let Me In :P  completely bad typo there

I have nothing against remakes, in fact I love:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Hills Have Eyes

The Last House on the Left

Friday the 13th (09)

House of Wax

Sorority Row

Let Me In

Carrie 

The Ring 

Black XMas

The Hitcher

Amityville Horror

Dawn of the Dead

Evil Dead

My Bloody Valentine

The 03 Texas Chainsaw Massacre is in my top 10 films of all time. I adore it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

There is no way Rings is coming out on April 1st, unless it's a total dump job.

B.O is talking about this:

http://pro.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2016-02-long-range-forecast-gods-not-dead-2-rings-amityville-the-awakening

I wonder if Rings will even be released at all, or if it will be another PA5

15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Looks like after another great drop The Boy will pass $30m. 

I watched Martyrs remake, it wasn't bad at all! If people haven't seen the original they'll enjoy it more. It was a bit dumbed down for America. 

TB will be the first horror movie to get a 3.0x multiple since........ TC? 

15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Hills Have Eyes

Friday the 13th (09)

House of Wax

Sorority Row

Let Me In

Carrie 

The Ring 

Black XMas

The Hitcher

Amityville Horror

Dawn of the Dead

Evil Dead

My Bloody Valentine

you're a rare exception, most of horror fans dislike remakes more than anything, even when they're actually better than the original, as in the case of Evil Dead, and yeah, I love almost your whole list, except for Carrie that is a complete shit 

16 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Hills Have Eyes

Friday the 13th (09)

House of Wax

Sorority Row

Let Me In

Carrie 

The Ring 

Black XMas

The Hitcher

Amityville Horror

Dawn of the Dead

Evil Dead

My Bloody Valentine

while I don't agree with probably most of your list, I do agree that I have nothing inherently against remakes.  Some are good, some suck, but none take away from the original if I like that better and I tend not to use the original against the remake, unless the remake is horrible so I can just pile on at that point :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 75live said:

while I don't agree with probably most of your list, I do agree that I have nothing inherently against remakes.  Some are good, some suck, but none take away from the original if I like that better and I tend not to use the original against the remake, unless the remake is horrible so I can just pile on at that point :P 

I hope you love ED so much as me 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You just need to admit that it is better than the original :P 

not sure I can say that but I can at least say they are close to each other or possibly equal

33 minutes ago, 75live said:

not sure I can say that but I can at least say they are close to each other or possibly equal

ED was a proof that Hollywood can make brutal movies and still have success, I really loved the fact that Fedo worked with manual effects, it gave to the movie an impressive realism, I would love to see him making more movies but he disappeared..... 

And why we didn't get the sequel yet? Wasn't the first movie a success?

What's the story with 'We Are still Here' not finding a theatrical distributor and going DTV back in October? It played extremely well at festivals and got great reviews, usually such horror films are snapped up, even if just for limited theatrical release.

25 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

ED was a proof that Hollywood can make brutal movies and still have success, I really loved the fact that Fedo worked with manual effects, it gave to the movie an impressive realism, I would love to see him making more movies but he disappeared..... 

And why we didn't get the sequel yet? Wasn't the first movie a success?

I don't think it was THAT big of a success to push forward or rush with a sequel.  There may be one at some point, but I think it would have been done by now, if they really wanted it.