CJohn

Boo! A Madea Halloween | October 21, 2016 | Trailer on page 2

Well, for those who care......I enjoyed this one immensely.  It's sporadically funny but I find a lot of what appeals to me about Madea films is that she is a throw back to a different time.  Madea has a different way of raising kids, she's like my mother.  I was raised the same way that Madea believes in raising kids.  And this has always been one of the things about the Madea films that I really enjoy and relate to.  My mom passed away ten years ago and sometimes when sitting in the theater, listening to Madea go off on kids, it makes me chuckle and think of my mom and how much she would have enjoyed these films.  

Besides the social commentary, there are some really funny parts in the film and Diamond White might be a star in the near future.  She's quite stunning.  

If you like the Madea films, then you will more than likely really like this one.  If you don't like them, then this isn't going to change your mind.

8/10

Saw this film a couple days ago. When Perry is playing multiple characters and they are bantering among themselves, it's funny, because he's funny. Like Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor. Otherwise, it sucked.

But is anyone in Hollywood the personal money-machine that Tyler Perry is? He just mints cash with these films.

This is a "box office" forum, and Perry doesn't seem to get discussed as much as he deserves to. His films and production company are a unique box office phenomenon. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

This is a box office forum but most of us are movie fans first and Tyler Perry's films don't interest us. It's been well-established that his movies have a dependable niche but there's not much more to say beyond that.

Edited by tribefan695