kayumanggi

MARY MAGDALENE | April 12 2019 | Gareth Davis | Rooney Mara, Joaquin Phoenix, Chiwetel Ejiofor

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

BOM says it's opening in limited release on March 30. Why choose such a gimmicky release date if you're not gonna go all in? Harvey Weinstein, everyone.

Same day as Ready Player One as well! Harvey used to be one of the big dogs, now he just getting the scraps

17 hours ago, langer said:

Even though I love a good fiction story, I won't see this. 

I'm not trying to start a religious argument, but the existence of Jesus has long been proven to be true. It's apparent to the point where historical evidence exists and digital artists can model a digital bust of Jesus using data in an attempt to see what he looks like. So you can't say this story is completely fictional.

(And I'll ask you a question. If the story was fiction, then why hasn't the name of Jesus Christ faded away into obscurity just like all of the false prophets that came and went?)

:redcapes:

Edited by slambros

9 hours ago, Wonder Midget said:

It should actually be released a few weeks before Easter. People love watching Biblical movies in anticipation of the holiday, but the interest goes down when the holiday is over. This won't make a nickel at the box office, but it may do well on home video.

depends on the movie, though. if MM is some hipster revisionist thing or anti-religious like The Exodus, religious crowd is very good at figuring out what isn't for them and abandoning the ship. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slambros said:

I'm not trying to start a religious argument, but the existence of Jesus has long been proven to be true. It's apparent to the point where historical evidence exists and digital artists can model a digital bust of Jesus using data in an attempt to see what he looks like. So you can't say this story is completely fictional.

(And I'll ask you a question. If the story was fiction, then why hasn't the name of Jesus Christ faded away into obscurity just like all of the false prophets that came and went?)

:redcapes:

Declaring someone a false prophet is a matter of opinion.  Is Joseph Smith a false prophet?  Do you consider Muhammad to be  a false prophet? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, langer said:

Declaring someone a false prophet is a matter of opinion.  Is Joseph Smith a false prophet?  Do you consider Muhammad to be  a false prophet? 

I just consider Jesus to be the only true one (in terms of prophets like Muhammad and Joseph Smith). He's the one who died for everyone when they didn't deserve it (in your case, this could be seen as hypothetical), and if he didn't rise from the grave, then his story would have surely been buried in the tomb along with him.

Because in Ecclesiastes, it says that generation by generation, our works and our lives are destined to fade away and become less important to those in the future. Jesus not only defeated death, but defeated that aspect of our deaths.

Again... there were many people claiming that they had all the answers, that they were the savior. And they faded away with time. But the name of Jesus is still important to millions of people even in this day and age. Just some food for thought.

Edited by slambros

Can't help but chuckle at the irony of a film clearly aimed at the faith audience being produced the the Weinstein company .......

Though it will not be released by The Weinstein company since after firing Harvey the Board of Directors announced they will be choosing a new name for the company......

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Can't help but chuckle at the irony of a film clearly aimed at the faith audience being produced the the Weinstein company .......

Though it will not be released by The Weinstein company since after firing Harvey the Board of Directors announced they will be choosing a new name for the company......

The faith audience massively elected a pussy grabber...  Don't look for moral compass in that direction IMO

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Universal were always due to release internationally. US release still in jeopardy.

Oh dear. Hopefully, for the sake of all the people who worked hard on it, Universal steps in. It'd be a shame if this didn't get a US release.