kayumanggi

A DOG'S PURPOSE | 01.27.17 | Universal | current gross ● 64.25 M

I had completely forgot this movie was coming out until the trailer played before Sing last night.

Honestly, my eyes welled up during the trailer, it brought up memories of all the pets I've had during my life that have passed away.

I can't even guess how this will play out boxoffice wise, but you can't underestimate the pet owning audience if this strikes a chord

Wait the dog dies 5 times?  Fuck that.  

I caught Old Yeller last night right at the part where they shoot Old Yeller.  I was like this is some bullshit.

How about a marathon of this, Old Yeller, Marley and Me, Turner and Hooch and Hiachi?  

Schindler's List didn't make me cry as much.

Saw the trailer a couple of days ago, it's gonna be a real tearjerker. I would give it Marley and Me numbers, but there's not much star power in the film. DOM $110m I suppose

I probably won't see it though, seems so cliche and sappy 

TMZ has obtained a video of animal cruelty on the set.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/18/a-dogs-purpose-german-shepherd-abuse-video/

One of the dogs in the upcoming film "A Dog's Purpose" desperately resisted shooting a risky scene, but chilling footage shows filmmakers apparently forcing the animal into rushing water.

TMZ obtained this video of a scene shot in a pool outside Winnipeg, Canada in November 2015. You can see a trainer forcibly shoving a German Shepherd -- one of at least 5 dogs used in the production -- into the frothing water, but the animal wanted NO part of it ... and repeatedly clawed at the pool's edge.

Sources connected to production tell us 8 outboard motors were used to churn the water and recreate a rushing river. The dog eventually got in the water -- or was forced in -- but was quickly submerged.

It's unclear if the dog going under was scripted, but someone immediately yelled, "Cut it!" ... and handlers rushed to the animal.

We're told director Lasse Hallström was present the whole time, and at least one member of the crew was extremely disturbed by the dog's treatment during this scene.

Amblin Partners and Universal Pictures have seen the video and tell TMZ, "Fostering a safe environment and ensuring the ethical treatment of our animal actors was of the utmost importance to those involved in making this film and we will look into the circumstances surrounding this video."

• Like 2

Just now, Frozen said:

One of the dogs in the upcoming film "A Dog's Purpose" desperately resisted shooting a risky scene, but chilling footage shows filmmakers apparently forcing the animal into rushing water.

TMZ obtained this video of a scene shot in a pool outside Winnipeg, Canada in November 2015. You can see a trainer forcibly shoving a German Shepherd -- one of at least 5 dogs used in the production -- into the frothing water, but the animal wanted NO part of it ... and repeatedly clawed at the pool's edge.

Sources connected to production tell us 8 outboard motors were used to churn the water and recreate a rushing river. The dog eventually got in the water -- or was forced in -- but was quickly submerged.

It's unclear if the dog going under was scripted, but someone immediately yelled, "Cut it!" ... and handlers rushed to the animal.

We're told director Lasse Hallström was present the whole time, and at least one member of the crew was extremely disturbed by the dog's treatment during this scene.

Amblin Partners and Universal Pictures have seen the video and tell TMZ, "Fostering a safe environment and ensuring the ethical treatment of our animal actors was of the utmost importance to those involved in making this film and we will look into the circumstances surrounding this video."

Ugh.

14 minutes ago, Frozen said:

This is very serious.

My only concern is the cut in the footage not showing the dog being put in the water, coupled with the general speculation the writer that the dog was forced in.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Frozen said:

RIP this movie.

Wouldn't say RIP until it actually happens.  Sausage Party went unaffected by reports of apparent underpayment of the animators.

Still though, yeah it's fucked up.  I'll still see it since I think it looks good, but I might wanna see it at an early bird so I can pay the least for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Wouldn't say RIP until it actually happens.  Sausage Party went unaffected by reports of apparent underpayment of the animators.

Still though, yeah it's fucked up.  I'll still see it since I think it looks good, but I might wanna see it at an early bird so I can pay the least for it.

This is gonna sound evil but... underpaid animators are not cute dogs suffering animal cruelty.

• Like 15