kayumanggi

A DOG'S PURPOSE | 01.27.17 | Universal | current gross ● 64.25 M

Looks bad but it is an edited video and a very sensationalistic article.

My guess is that it was the owner and he paniced a little because the cameras were rolling and he couldn't get the dog in.

After the 1st failed attempt I would have calmed my dog down and than gotten into the water myself and convinced my dog to jump in.  I wonder if something like that happened which is why they didn't show it.

They called it risky but in reality it is much more dangerous to have a dog in a real river.  

• Like 10

Wont pay to see this. In fact ill specifically avoid this film. I thought they were supposed to be people on the set to make sure that the animals are treated fairly and ethically? Where were they doing all of this?

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

Looks bad but it is an edited video and a very sensationalistic article.

My guess is that it was the owner and he paniced a little because the cameras were rolling and he couldn't get the dog in.

After the 1st failed attempt I would have calmed my dog down and than gotten into the water myself and convinced my dog to jump in.  I wonder if something like that happened which is why they didn't show it.

They called it risky but in reality it is much more dangerous to have a dog in a real river.  

But all you're doing is speculating. You have a video of a terrified dog that doesn't want to go in the water. That's all you need in this instance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wont pay to see this. In fact ill specifically avoid this film. I thought they were supposed to be people on the set to make sure that the animals are treated fairly and ethically? Where were they doing all of this?

The Humane Society just announced a few minutes ago that they have fired their reps that were in set. Corrupt organization anyhow. The story is not dying. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Another thing, the company behind it clearly didn't want this to happen.  Spielberg runs Amblin Entertainment, and I feel like he would 100% not be okay about this and definitely do something about it.

This is from Amblin?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Frozen said:

The Humane Society just announced a few minutes ago that they have fired their reps that were in set. Corrupt organization anyhow. The story is not dying. 

this isn't the first time the animal humane society got caught bullshitting on that "no animals were harmed..." thing. The Hobbit over 20 horses died but they gave it a pass.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, baumer said:

But all you're doing is speculating. You have a video of a terrified dog that doesn't want to go in the water. That's all you need in this instance.

And the article and everyone here is speculating at what happened based on an edited video that could be out of context.

Why was the video video edited like it was?  What didn't we see.  Was this the 1st time the dog saw this setup?  Did they rehearse it?   Was there something unusual this time that scared the dog?  Why did they cut where they did?  Did they perhaps figure out why the dog was so scared and correct it?  Was both the trainer and owner there? What did the dogs owner say about what happened.  What did the trainer say?  Did TMZ even try to gather more information?

I know you've had dogs and you can't tell me they've never become terrified at something.... even at things they've never had a problem with before.

My pup was terrified at going through the underpass tunnel to get to the park.  Thank god no one was filming the 1st time we did it.  When a car passed overhead she took off and hit the end of the leash so hard she somersaulted.   She was so terrified she peed herself.  A selectively edited video could have made me look like the worst dog owner in history.  What it wouldn't have shown was me sitting down for 1/2 hour calming Autumn down and then carrying her through the tunnel ( which I had to do for a week )

A film about dogs is going to have the American Humane Association on site so they can have the 'no animals were harmed' tag on the movie.

Unlike everyone here... I'll wait and see what they and the owner say before jumping to any conclusions.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Is that really what they said?  

Or perhaps what they said was:

The AHA tells TMZ, "We are placing the safety representative who was on the set on administrative leave immediately and are bringing in an independent third party to conduct an investigation into this matter."

So they are going to try to get the facts about what happened.  Which is what they should do.  

I for one will wait to see what the AHA and the owner any/or trainer says.  I know most won't.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

this isn't the first time the animal humane society got caught bullshitting on that "no animals were harmed..." thing. The Hobbit over 20 horses died but they gave it a pass.

Its a corrupt organization that steals donations. I trust nothing they say.