kayumanggi

A DOG'S PURPOSE | 01.27.17 | Universal | current gross ● 64.25 M

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

So this is the power TMZ has over people these days, eh? Huh. I'll laugh pretty hard if we end up getting the full story and it's nothing like they've portrayed it to be. But by then the damage will already have done and people won't listen either way...

Not saying the story isn't true, just saying that the video was edited by TMZ. TMZ guys. Again, it's TMZ. Yeah.

You know, if there was no abuse, couldn't Amblin sue the shit out of TMZ for libel?

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

How was the person filming an ass?  He filmed a trainer forcing his dog into a situation he didn't want to be a part of.

Because he was making jokes about just throwing the dog? And he possibly edited the video to make it seem like there was abuse going on, when nothing of the sort was happening?

Edited by robertman2

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

The Humane Society already fired their people that were supposed to be on the film.  And yes I have had dogs before and still do and I don't force them to do something that they are terrified to do.  An animal has no voice, Andy, they rely on us to take care of them.  They don't speak.  There are a litany of things that could have been done to prevent this dog from being forced to do something he or she didn't want to do.  Body language is all they have.  The minutn you start forcing them to do something, it's not longer fun for them and it borders on abuse.  

They weren't fired... they are investigating. ( not that it means anything... bad publicity will trump fact finding )

They didn't force the dog in... they stopped the scene.  ( but funny how the video doesn't show that )

The dog had practiced jumping in... it looks like something specifically happened that day.

The film releases in a week... it's suspicious that this came out now. 

I'm not judging either way yet... I want more information still.  

People jumping to conclusions based on edited video is what has made O'Keefer a hero of the religious right.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, robertman2 said:

There nothing morally wrong with eating meat, so don't start that 'veganism is morally right' shit

What's the difference between a dog and a pig or a cow? It's just stupid to me. Americans also freak out because asian countries eat dogs when y'all eat animals too. I'm not even vegan

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3

A statement from the author of the book

Everyone:

I was as disturbed as you were by the video I saw earlier today. Though obviously edited and hysterically headlined, the images speak for themselves.

I have asked the studio for an explanation and have been assured they are reviewing every single frame of footage shot that day and interviewing the people who were there. (I wasn't.)

I want all the facts at my disposal before I pronounce judgement or issue an opinion.

I will give you an update as soon as I have one. -- Bruce

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

They weren't fired... they are investigating. ( not that it means anything... bad publicity will trump fact finding )

They didn't force the dog in... they stopped the scene.  ( but funny how the video doesn't show that )

The dog had practiced jumping in... it looks like something specifically happened that day.

The film releases in a week... it's suspicious that this came out now. 

I'm not judging either way yet... I want more information still.  

People jumping to conclusions based on edited video is what has made O'Keefer a hero of the religious right.

The studio should get their own unedited footage from the set out to the morning news shows. If that footage supports their account, including previous practices for the dog, that would pour water on the flames. I'm sure we all hope that the dog wasn't as distressed as TMZ's report made it seem. They could consider having Hercules himself make appearances, even via Skype, to show the public that he's okay. Bottom line: get ahead of the story ASAP.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Talkie said:

The studio should get their own unedited footage from the set out to the morning news shows. If that footage supports their account, including previous practices for the dog, that would pour water on the flames. I'm sure we all hope that the dog wasn't as distressed as TMZ's report made it seem. They could consider having Hercules himself make appearances, even via Skype, to show the public that he's okay. Bottom line: get ahead of the story ASAP.

Agreed.  On all counts.

People like me want to know if these was a one time instance where the handler showed poor judgement because the dog reacted differently than normal or if it was a common occurrence.  I'd like to see the full video.  I'd like to know if Hercules is a water dog or not.  I'd like to see video of Hercules practicing and doing the scene.  Where did the dogs come from?  

I won't condemn the movie yet based on an obvious hatchet job video but it's now up to them to prove to me that the dogs were treated well before I go see the movie.

• Like 5

I don't get it though It shows them trying to put the dog in twice and the dog doesn't go in and then it cuts to when the dog is already in the water? What happened in between? It doesn't show the dog actually ENTERING the water. They could have comforted the dog to get it to enter willingly. I honestly don't think the video is THAT bad.... 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I don't get it though It shows them trying to put the dog in twice and the dog doesn't go in and then it cuts to when the dog is already in the water? What happened in between? It doesn't show the dog actually ENTERING the water. They could have comforted the dog to get it to enter willingly. I honestly don't think the video is THAT bad.... 

Yep. Thats what happens. Unfortunately, facts don't matter anymore, and we have moron screaming animal abuse thanks to TMZ

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ban1o said:

1hxcky.jpg

• Like 7

Things I got from the video. Dog was scared. The trainer was trying to get the dog to go into the water. Dog didn't wish to. Trainer tries to calm the dog down. Trainer actively tries to prevent dog from falling into water. Trainer tries to lower dog in. Dog clearly not having it. Trainer pulls dog up out of water. 

See that last bit? Trainer sees dog isn't having it, pulls dog up out of water. 

Then cut.

Then we have divers going after dog. (Which I'm sure is totally not what standard procedure after any kind of stunt what so ever.)

The video doesn't show the dog forced into the water. It shows a scared dog that they want to do a stunt, then cut to its done the stunt. If the dog was forced into the water, TMZ would have shown it.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Things I got from the video. Dog was scared. The trainer was trying to get the dog to go into the water. Dog didn't wish to. Trainer tries to calm the dog down. Trainer actively tries to prevent dog from falling into water. Trainer tries to lower dog in. Dog clearly not having it. Trainer pulls dog up out of water. 

See that last bit? Trainer sees dog isn't having it, pulls dog up out of water. 

Then cut.

Then we have divers going after dog. (Which I'm sure is totally not what standard procedure after any kind of stunt what so ever.)

The video doesn't show the dog forced into the water. It shows a scared dog that they want to do a stunt, then cut to its done the stunt. If the dog was forced into the water, TMZ would have shown it.

So at the very least it's not that the video was taken out of context, it's that people projected their biases and saw what they wanted to see

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

So at the very least it's not that the video was taken out of context, it's that people projected their biases and saw what they wanted to see

Possibly, it doesn't look good, because the dog is scared and they are actively trying to do the stunt. And I'll hold out real judgment till I have more than an edited video and a clearly inflammatory article by TMZ to stir up controversy, to work off of.

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Possibly, it doesn't look good, because the dog is scared and they are actively trying to do the stunt. And I'll hold out real judgment till I have more than an edited video and a clearly inflammatory article by TMZ to stir up controversy, to work off of.

True. 

1 hour ago, SofNascimento said:

This reminds me of that film "The Hunt". The truth does not matter.

And it's not really the media, it's people. There are a lot of stories about people falsely accused that had their lifes destroyed and even after been proved innocent couldn't have it back.

My word, great reference and chilling as fuck movie. But, I agree, once this story's in the mainstream consciousness, the movie's profits take a huge hit.