JJ-8

March 2016 - Investments & Monthly Thread - CLOSED - Final Report is up

11 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Cloverfield - 100%

11 hours ago, DAJK said:

Cloverfield 100%

11 hours ago, CJohn said:

10 Cloverfield Lane - 100%

you didn't need to be exact... i knew what cloverfield referred too lol... and all 3 of you got your 100% in it!  I totally forget it became available today and yes i did bump cloverfield up 300% in my last update as i realised it deserved that blockbuster status.... you watch it now open at 500k and collapse all out under 1m :ph34r:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CJohn said:

LMAO I take back what I said, it indeed says 300% :lol: 

So I did get 100% of it :lol: 

10 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Just in case I have to be exact...

I wanted 100% of 10 Cloverfield Lane. 

you guys :WHATanabe:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

you didn't need to be exact... i knew what cloverfield referred too lol... and all 3 of you got your 100% in it!  I totally forget it became available today and yes i did bump cloverfield up 300% in my last update as i realised it deserved that blockbuster status.... you watch it now open at 500k and collapse all out under 1m :ph34r:

Ah! I knew it was 200% before. Yes, I think it is a movie worth of 300% available. It is a big release and an important one for Paramount, as it was clearly shown by them dropping 3M on a SuperBowl TV Spot for it.

• Like 1

Really? A movie with a $5m budget that's the sequel to a movie that that made $80M is a blockbuster? Yes, its getting some advertising, but its still kind of the opposite of a blockbuster. Really what it is is a movie that everyone expects to be super profitable relative to its production cost. That's not a blockbuster.

17 hours ago, Wrath said:

Really? A movie with a $5m budget that's the sequel to a movie that that made $80M is a blockbuster? Yes, its getting some advertising, but its still kind of the opposite of a blockbuster. Really what it is is a movie that everyone expects to be super profitable relative to its production cost. That's not a blockbuster.

Zoolander had 300% available. That pretty much assures every medium size release with some hype behind it must have 300% as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

So whoever got 100% for Deadpool pretty much wins, right? :kitschjob:

They'll have at least 250 m extra by April. :badday:

tbh... anyone who invested in deadpool is now perfectly placed to invest in BVS as they will have a good chunk of their return before that film becomes available... 

I think I will simply give up :lol: Whoever got Deadpool it has a HUGE advantage over everywhere else and I always forget about the times the movies get available.

Also, I am cancelling my investment in The Other Side of the Door. I have no clue what FOX is doing with it. 

• Like 2