kayumanggi

LIFE | 03.24.17 | Sony | current gross ● 29.94 M

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's just alien with a bit of gravity thrown in there i guess. personally don't think basic filmmakers trying to imitate the work of visionaries often goes well, but whatever.

I agree it looks derivative. The black scientist playing with the cute amoeba thingy that I guess starts to eat his arm reminded me of the moron scientist from Prometheus deciding to play with the obviously dangerous vagina snake.

• Like 1

I like it. Gyllenhall and Rebecca Ferguson :wub:

Someone on reddit made an interesting comment:

Spoiler

What if it's not the alien life killing the people, but Jake Gyllenhaal killing off everyone making it look like the alien life is doing it. And then he comes back to Earth a hero like he subdued the alien life and is famous for discovering it.

:jeb!:

solid teaser trailer. The only black guy in the team and he goes in that style..and the first victim.

This has potential at the boxoffice...as it will most likely be pg-13

Lol@sony...they have 2 space/sci-fi movies releasing within 6 months...passengers and now this...both look like amalgamation of many movies

Edited by marveldcfox

Damn you can already sense in the trailer that there's gonna be quite a lot of stupidity in the movie like those in Prometheus. What makes it even more weird is that they try to make this film look realistic by going with weightlessness and the realistc-looking space station. So basically on one hand they're trying to make a sci-fi that feels grounded, and on the other hand these astronauts have to be really stupid (if it's as the trailer suggests). That'll give the audience an awkward feeling. Prometheus felt stupid but it kind of got away from it because it's just a company job and the characters were just scientists on a paycheck. Characters in this movie are literally astronauts in the ISS and they're on an international corporation mission. This is going to feel really awkward.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Alli said:

I like it. Gyllenhall and Rebecca Ferguson :wub:

Someone on reddit made an interesting comment:

Hide contents

What if it's not the alien life killing the people, but Jake Gyllenhaal killing off everyone making it look like the alien life is doing it. And then he comes back to Earth a hero like he subdued the alien life and is famous for discovering it.

:jeb!:

Didn't realize @CoolioD1 and his predictions have made their way to reddit

• Like 2

ok to meh trailer, but I'm usually a sucker for sci fi "horror" like this so I'll probably give it a shot although I am wondering if they gave away something big in the trailer.  But I guess I will find out when I see it

This opens up against Pirates, right? 

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is racking up a lot of trailer views.  Considering the fact that this dropped on a Sunday night and already has half a million views the next morning...that's damn good.

Yea and considering the fact that it came out of nowhere. I don't think anyone was looking for it or anticipating it. 

Of course we are a long ways out but if this movie is any good, im calling a good box office run for it.

Also all the ladies going crazy over Ryan and Jake...my girl friend included. I guess that's what I get for fawning over Margot Robbie and Blake Lively this summer. :sadben:

11 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's just alien with a bit of gravity thrown in there i guess. personally don't think basic filmmakers trying to imitate the work of visionaries often goes well, but whatever.

i know you can't wait for the comments "Life is SOOO much better than the overrated Gravity and the ancient Alien"

3 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Damn you can already sense in the trailer that there's gonna be quite a lot of stupidity in the movie like those in Prometheus. What makes it even more weird is that they try to make this film look realistic by going with weightlessness and the realistc-looking space station. So basically on one hand they're trying to make a sci-fi that feels grounded, and on the other hand these astronauts have to be really stupid (if it's as the trailer suggests). That'll give the audience an awkward feeling. Prometheus felt stupid but it kind of got away from it because it's just a company job and the characters were just scientists on a paycheck. Characters in this movie are literally astronauts in the ISS and they're on an international corporation mission. This is going to feel really awkward.

Are you trying to say this will make astronauts all around the world look stupid and Nasa a foolish company?  They have such thin skins? 

• Like 1