kayumanggi

LIFE | 03.24.17 | Sony | current gross ● 29.94 M

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I could see this hitting 100M if Reynolds is a star now (which is unproven since his role in Deadpool was his big breakthrough).

There's some discrepancy over the order of the casting. Some places cite him as the lead, but the international trailer has him third after Jake and Rebecca. 

Spoiler

That suggests something happens to him.

9 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

There's some discrepancy over the order of the casting. Some places cite him as the lead, but the international trailer has him third after Jake and Rebecca. 

Hide contents

Maybe they feel as if his starpower is a lot more significant domestically than internationally.  Cause let's face it:  While Deadpool was still a big hit overseas, a large portion of the money it made can be credited to its gross in the States.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Maybe they feel as if his starpower is a lot more significant domestically than internationally.  Cause let's face it:  While Deadpool was still a big hit overseas, a large portion of the money it made can be credited to its gross in the States.

Yeah, they probably want to sell Ryan Reynolds more, though that could backfire.

If I had to guess: 

Spoiler

The black guy dies as evidenced by the trailer. There's another woman in the crew that I bet will die. And then Ryan dies courtesy of Jake when Jake is revealed to be the infected antagonist. Ferguson survives. The Japanese guy is a tossup.

Edited by Jay Beezy

36 minutes ago, Alli said:

I don't think the black dies first. That's what they want was to believe, but they don't show him dead.

Yea same here. I feel like there's a twist to it. 

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Hide contents

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Ryan was originally cast as the lead but due to conflicts (I am assuming his wife getting pregnant) he and Jake just switched roles. So Jake actually has the lead role. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Maybe Gylehall is the first one infected and he goes crazy and starts killing everyone. He looks strange through out the trailer. Or maybe there's no infection. We'll see..

16 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Meh trailer, but Reynolds and Gyllenhall already got my ticket.

Same, the space setting doesn't hurt either, even it does look a bit sub-par. at least from the trailer

Edited by Kalo

9 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Are you trying to say this will make astronauts all around the world look stupid and Nasa a foolish company?  They have such thin skins? 

Astronauts in ISS are among the most highly-trained and intellectual people in the world. Thery basically want the film look realistic and grounded and need to have the characters doing unrealistically stupid things, which will feel even more awkward than Prometheus.

On 31/10/2016 at 6:03 AM, Alli said:

I like it. Gyllenhall and Rebecca Ferguson :wub:

Someone on reddit made an interesting comment:

Hide contents

What if it's not the alien life killing the people, but Jake Gyllenhaal killing off everyone making it look like the alien life is doing it. And then he comes back to Earth a hero like he subdued the alien life and is famous for discovering it.

:jeb!:

Then what killed the black guy in the trailer? its more likely he's trying to get the alien back to Earth for money reasons using any means necessary. so basically it's Aliens/gravity 

Edited by Jessie

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's going to get completely lost with how many male adult-targeted movies are being released then.  June or August seem like much safer bets.

Life could move to June 16 or August 4th. we just don't know yet....It's Sony's move to make that happen

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

June 16 (against Cars 3) seems ideal.

being sandwiched between Wonder Woman, The Mummy & Transformers: The Last Knight is still a bad idea even if it's going up against Cars 3. August 4 is a better date plus Alien: Covenant will no longer be on anyone's minds once it's out of theaters come Early August