kayumanggi

LIFE | 03.24.17 | Sony | current gross ● 29.94 M

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I don't think they'll move King Arthur again when it already got shafted from July to March. They'll just let it bomb there ala Jupiter Ascending.

Yeah, I mean Life probably has the least to lose considering it probably has the lowest budget out of it, King Arthur and Power Rangers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

One of King Arthur or Power Rangers will move to August. 

I think Power Rangers could work in August kinda like TMNT 2014 or could become fant4stic. But it has a chance in August.

Power Rangers has a practical reason for Lionsgate not moving the March release date: its toys are on the toy shelves right now.  Moving it to August, and closer to the August 28 anniversary date of Power Rangers, would mean those toys would be on the shelves for over half of a year before what they are associated with appears in theaters.

1 hour ago, Outrageous! said:

Power Rangers has a practical reason for Lionsgate not moving the March release date: its toys are on the toy shelves right now.  Moving it to August, and closer to the August 28 anniversary date of Power Rangers, would mean those toys would be on the shelves for over half of a year before what they are associated with appears in theaters.

Paramount was in similar situation with gi Joe 2, but they still pushed it back. The toys can be recalled/put in stores until June or July. 

Frankly, I think atleast 2 movies from March should move to august. 

Logan

Kong

Batb

Life

Cover most genres. 

Out of Gits, power Rangers, king arthur, 2 should move to august.

Ideally, GITS or Power Rangers should move to Dunkirk and give that movie a tough fight while Valerian should release in August.

Edited by marveldcfox

5 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

I suspect that they'll be sold on clearance soon. It's already been mentioned anyway that this hasn't stopped studios from moving films' release dates before.

Personally, I think this movie is screwed no matter where it lands. But that's just my viewpoint.

2 hours ago, Alli said:

r9_EGn_Q3.jpg

It's like Sony isn't even trying anymore. What's this? Passengers 2.0. Or is it the movie Passengers was supposed to be? 

If this movie is terrible, Sony is going to kill themselves. All these stars in their non-franchise movies and can't even get a good one out of them. 

4 hours ago, amelin said:

... oh my god. Sony is like a parody of itself at this point. What the hell are they doing?

They're breaking the fourth wall. They've got Deadpool after all. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

HahahahaHha

Sony is trolling.

Tbf, i have heard this has done well in all test screenings. It's just a fun popcorn movie with some good acting and thrilling scenes. 

Really? That's good to hear lol I wasn't expecting much besides a popcorn flick so hopefully that's what we actually get. 

• Like 1