kayumanggi

LIFE | 03.24.17 | Sony | final gross ● 30.23M

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I've heard really good things about this movie from a friend of mine. However the mediocre promo and a crowded March will make this film a non event which is unfortunate in my opinion. 

I would be happy with 20M opening. Maybe good reviews will help

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

I would be happy with 20M opening. Maybe good reviews will help

I mean I'm being really pessimistic when I say it's gonna be a non event but like things need to change if it's going to have a decent opening. It's about 6-7 weeks from being released. If their plan is to up the promo between Super Bowl Sunday and release date then I can see a good opening. There's definitely some interest for the film judging by trailer views....it's just like I said the promo has been pretty much non existent across the board. Can't get people interested in something if they don't even know it exists. But I would be shocked if Sony didn't up the promo since they're spending money on a super bowl ad. 

Then again Sony has been weird with promoting their movies as of late so what do I know. 

• Like 1

I don't think it'll do great but I don't see why it can't open to a mid 20s weekend.

Also, they really need to show that shot with Jake and Ryan looking at each other on the other side of the door for maximum Tumblr factor

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I don't think it'll do great but I don't see why it can't open to a mid 20s weekend.

Also, they really need to show that shot with Jake and Ryan looking at each other on the other side of the door for maximum Tumblr factor

A second trailer would be nice though

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it, but it does look a little derivative.  And the trailer is the exact same, frame for frame and word for word, as the one uploaded Oct 30th.  Very strange to call it a new one in the tv spot.

12 minutes ago, acab said:

I'm a sucker for this kind of movies, i really like the cast and it looks good.

Hoping for the best since it's opening in a very crowded month.

That's how I feel. The second trailer sold me. Hopefully it's not a let down. Looking forward to watching this when it comes out.  But I'm not expecting anything box office wise. Just hoping it's an all around good movie.