kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals | 41.28 M KUNG FU PANDA III | 12.78 M THE REVENANT | 11.12 M STAR WARS: TFA | 10.29 M THE FINEST HOURS | 8.43 M RIDE ALONG II

23 minutes ago, Baumer said:

What an awesome performance by Fifty Shades of Black

Absolutely. Not every movie can get itself shot exactly square in the forehead like that. 

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, a2knet said:

FSOB will get to a solid 10.8m if it follows Mortedcai

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=mortdecai.htm :ph34r:

That rocking 1.8x mult is a thing of beauty.

Edit - Sorry for the double post. I tried to combine them and... it didn't work for some reason so I'm sticking with this.

Edit2 - Since no one else has posted yet and I don't really want to intentionally triple post, I'll just note here that Open Road Films has put together an interesting slate of movies for itself.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

The 5th Wave

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $20,188,149    30.9%
Foreign:  $45,100,000    69.1%

Worldwide:  $65,288,149  

Production Budget: $38 million

Not bad. I think Sony will actually make a decent amount of money with this one once it exits theaters. And here I thought they were writing this one off as a loss. International box office really helped there.

$11.12M TFA, very good hold, 21%

It would need to gross about $1.1M every day of this week on average in order to cross $900M on Thursday. We might have a case of estimates on thursday putting TFA below $900M, and then actuals putting it above! That would be incredible :D

Anyhow, Friday at the latest, we have the first $900M grosser in history. And probably 3rd $2B WW grosser around that time too!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

The 5th Wave

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $20,188,149    30.9%
Foreign:  $45,100,000    69.1%

Worldwide:  $65,288,149  

Production Budget: $38 million

Not bad. I think Sony will actually make a decent amount of money with this one once it exits theaters. And here I thought they were writing this one off as a loss. International box office really helped there.

What's it need worldwide to break even on theatrical alone, something like $140 million? I'm not so sure it'll do that.