grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

2021 is the 20th anniversary 

Currently slated for April 2nd but wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pushed to Memorial Day weekend on May 28th. Allows more time to develop and the earlier FF films were released on that weekend, which F9 is also releasing on. The only problem is Jurassic World 3 releasing 2 weeks later but I could see Universal pushing that to June 18th in that case, it worked well for Fallen Kingdom to release in the latter part of the month. 

7 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

2021 is the 20th anniversary 

Currently slated for April 2nd but wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pushed to Memorial Day weekend on May 28th. Allows more time to develop and the earlier FF films were released on that weekend, which F9 is also releasing on. The only problem is Jurassic World 3 releasing 2 weeks later but I could see Universal pushing that to June 18th in that case, it worked well for Fallen Kingdom to release in the latter part of the month. 

Is Fast 10 even got a script or director? It's better if they delay it to May 27th 2022 just to space things out.  May 2021 is very crowded with Matrix 4 and Cruella. The other option is April 15th 2022 to capitalise on Easter. 

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Is Fast 10 even got a script or director? It's better if they delay it to May 27th 2022 just to space things out.  May 2021 is very crowded with Matrix 4 and Cruella. The other option is April 15th 2022 to capitalise on Easter. 

The Matrix 4 could be competition but Cruella is not gonna be an Aladdin/Beauty and the Beast or even a Cinderella. I don’t think it can cross $400M WW and either way FF10 would be counter programming.

As it stands, with a Hobbs and Shaw sequel and now that female spin-off seemingly moving forward, an annual release could be happening. FF10 has no script but Justin Lin is coming back so I assume we should more news.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 3:15 PM, JGAR4LIFE said:

The Matrix 4 could be competition but Cruella is not gonna be an Aladdin/Beauty and the Beast or even a Cinderella. I don’t think it can cross $400M WW and either way FF10 would be counter programming.

As it stands, with a Hobbs and Shaw sequel and now that female spin-off seemingly moving forward, an annual release could be happening. FF10 has no script but Justin Lin is coming back so I assume we should more news.

Yeah, Annual releases worked so well for the SW franchise....

Justin Lin from recent interviews is apparently ready to do the final *two*, now... but I don't think they'll even start on these until they see how Fast9 does a bit.  In the offshoot chance that Fast9 utterly fails, they won't proceed.  Universal is smart, unlike Warner Bros. a few years back, who jumped right into JL without really assessing BvS...  

Anyway, regardless, if these happen, there's no way even one of them will make it for 2022.  We're looking at 2023 and beyond.  

Edited by Macleod

32 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Its kind of amazing that they gave everything the audience asked for to them in F9, and it was still so bad. Not sure what hook they can go with here anymore since Han is back, and they went to space.

In the minority but I liked F9 a lot. The way forward is to scale it back, moreso to 5/6 levels where its over the top and crazy but "grounded" enough in reality. Maybe bring back some of the street racing again (but I suspect that might be saved for the finale to go full circle).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Its kind of amazing that they gave everything the audience asked for to them in F9, and it was still so bad. Not sure what hook they can go with here anymore since Han is back, and they went to space.

The return of Gal Gadot, duh (since we didn't actually see her death).