grim22

20000 Leagues Under The Sea | Fox | Bryan Singer confirmed to direct. Production begins in fall. Not the Disney-Fincher version

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

he did not direct that movie.

Not first class. But the one with jennifer lawrence. I'm drunk and can't seem to focus well on titles.

First class was ok but hugely overrated considering the response. 

The one bryan singer directed was amazing. Heads and shoulders above any other X-Men film made. 

Days of future past, no? The only X-Men film I love.

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Not first class. But the one with jennifer lawrence. I'm drunk and can't seem to focus well on titles.

First class was ok but hugely overrated considering the response. 

The one bryan singer directed was amazing. Heads and shoulders above any other X-Men film made. 

Days of future past, no? The only X-Men film I love.

Jennifer Lawrence was in both First Class and Days of Future Past :P 

But yes, Days of Future Past is the one he directed, besides X-Men 1 and 2.

15 minutes ago, Goffe said:

No The Usual Suspects and Superman Returns fans over here?

Apt Pupil and Valkyrie are quite solid as well.

Jack is his only dud, and it's not even that bad.

Haven't watched Apt Pupil and Jack the giant slayer.

The Usual suspects and Valkyrie are great. X1 was decent when it came out and X2 is also solid, but neither hold up today. Superman returns was a borefest.  Xmen dofp was very good but could have been more.

Personally, he seems better at handling drama/suspense type films. 

Xmen can be so much more under a director who embraces the look, colors and wackiness of the comic books and FOX animated show.

Edited by marveldcfox

Singer is a boss, all 3 of his X-men movies are better than First Class. Superman Returns while a slight misfire is gorgeous and has moments of genius. Usual Suspects is an ALL timer. Valkyrie he didn't quite knock it out but lots if interesting ideas and I love the first 5 minutes. Jack is a dud but not terrible, its a C movie. 

9 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

I did not, yes. Did I say this would be good? No. But it'll scare Disney off from probably trying one so that's all I need.

Just think it's funny cuz his Jack and the Beanstalk movie was even more similar to BurtonAlice than that Franco Oz thing

8 hours ago, Goffe said:

Hmm, which Singer film went wildly overbudget?

Look at the budgets for Superman Returns and Jack the Giant Killer. On both movies he filmed a huge expensive sequence that didn't even make it into the movie(He did the same for DOFP but that film was a hit unlike the others):ph34r:

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Look at the budgets for Superman Returns and Jack the Giant Killer. On both movies he filmed a huge expensive sequence that didn't even make it into the movie(He did the same for DOFP but that film was a hit unlike the others):ph34r:

Dude, those are not the same thing.

Cutting a sequence that was already planned and didn't work within the final film doesn't equal going overbudget.

8 hours ago, Goffe said:

Dude, those are not the same thing.

Cutting a sequence that was already planned and didn't work within the final film doesn't equal going overbudget.

If anything it shows the director is aware of pacing/tone and isn't afraid to cut shit he loves if it's for a better film. 

• Like 1