kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

I kinda wish I'd seen this last night. Was between this and Revenant. I liked Revenant. It was good, and I think Leo will win best Actor and I think it'll win Cinematography as well. The buddy I saw it with loved it, but I only liked it although it was brilliant technically. I guess it was just a little longer and more atmospheric than I was in the mood for.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, stripe said:

An OW around mid teens seems assured. Let's see how Sunday drop affects it

6M

6.5M

2.5M

I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday sees an increase of 20-30%, actually. I imagine it's going to skew rather older. But yeah, it's looking at a really good opening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hermia said:

Coming in second among previews was Sony Screen Gems/Cross Creek’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies with $300K from 2,286 theaters. 

http://deadline.com/2016/02/pride-prejudice-and-zombies-hail-caesar-the-choice-weekend-box-office-1201697018/

That probably indicates a weekend of $8M at most, probably even less. Not surprised. This is what happens when you have a movie without an actual target audience.

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I know @Chewy and @CoolioD1 can't wait for next weekend.

X gon give it to ya
Fuck wait for you to get it on your own
X gon deliver to ya
Knock knock, open up the door, it's real
Wit the non-stop, pop pop and stainless steel

You say that as though there are people who *can* wait for next weekend. Deadpool looks like Ant-Man's more entertaining, R-rated immature big brother. And I say that as someone who liked Ant-Man a lot.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1