kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

9 minutes ago, Wrath said:

You say that as though there are people who *can* wait for next weekend. Deadpool looks like Ant-Man's more entertaining, R-rated immature big brother. And I say that as someone who liked Ant-Man a lot.

I tagged the two people who despise Deadpool the most. :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

yikes. I was kind of rooting for PPZ to actually do okay. I guess not.

Yeah, I'm a little bummed out. On the one hand, I'm still not sure what to make of it. On the other hand, I feel strangely compelled to go watch it and I don't know why. Was kinda hoping it would catch people's attention and at least not crash. I've seen a surprisingly large amount of advertising for it lately.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was going to bomb because it looked terrible. Plus horror comedies are a mixed bag at the box office. 

I think the problem was that the costumes were automatically going to repel guys and zombie/Jane Austen hybrid aspect wasn't all that appealing to girls. That doesn't leave you with much of an audience. So yeah, this was pretty much always doomed to make little at the box office.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

RT at 8%. Maybe it has a shot at 8m with the way these stinkers have over shot our projections. :P

I'm hoping it's under 6m though. It has a chance

His recent Best Of Me also had an 8% rating but did $10m.  But it did 550k in previews.

Longest Ride with 30% RT did $13m with 630k previews.

28 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

His recent Best Of Me also had an 8% rating but did $10m.  But it did 550k in previews.

Longest Ride with 30% RT did $13m with 630k previews.

That equates to 5.8-6m minus a weak sunday. 5.5m then? Nice. Very close to my derby

I guess all winter movies will be blaming Star Wars. After Weinstein and Hateful Eight, Lionsgate is angry

http://deadline.com/2016/02/lionsgate-shares-fall-mockingjay-2-contributes-weaker-expected-q4-1201696660/

Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says ‘Star Wars’ Grabbed $50M-$100M From ‘Mockingjay 2’; Stock Takes Hit

They blamed the terrorist attacks in Europe along with box office monster Star Wars: The Force Awakens for knocking down the performance of Mockingjay 2. “I think the combination of circumstances was unique between the terrorist attack in Europe andStar Wars,” said Rob Friedman, Lionsgate’s co-chairman of the Motion Picture Group. He said the box office overperformance of Star Wars “hit our numbers by somewhere between $50M and $100M.”

However, the last in the Lionsgate franchise even failed this year to surpass The Last Witch Hunter in China. Lionsgate CEO John Feltheimer blamed it on the date and the competition as they were “all sandwiched together between The Martian andSpectre and we couldn’t get the screens.” He said, “we were disappointed inMockingjay‘s performance in the country, especially since we did our first China premiere there.”

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I guess all winter movies will be blaming Star Wars. After Weinstein and Hateful Eight, Lionsgate is angry

http://deadline.com/2016/02/lionsgate-shares-fall-mockingjay-2-contributes-weaker-expected-q4-1201696660/

That's a crock. At the rate HG4 was trailing 3 it might have lost 10-15m in domestic not any more OS. 20-30m at best

• Like 2