kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

John Grisham is the perfect comparison to Sparks, actually. Adaptations of his books were all the rage in the 90s and there hasn't been a Hollywood movie based on his works since...2004's (puke) Christmas with the Kranks (the book was called Skipping Christmas).

Grisham had more $$$ than Sparks though. The Pelican Brief made 100 million, and The Firm made close to 160 million back in 1993. Grisham based films started dying down in late 1996. Sparks never had Grisham like grosses. The closest would be The Notebook, and Dear John.

1 minute ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Ethan has a girl friend? I have a guy texting me but I am not interested in him. I hate responding to his text. 

I don't currently have a girlfriend :lol:

Why don't you just ignore him or straight up tell him you aren't interested?

21 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

I can the last two weekends of October.

But the conversation hasnt merely dropped to talking ahout people's dating. Its now down to talking about people's bored, half-hearted flirting with people they arent even interested in and its the most interesting discussion. Thats gotta be some circle of forum hell.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't currently have a girlfriend :lol:

Why don't you just ignore him or straight up tell him you aren't interested?

Because I want him to take a hint. I told him on our date that I am really busy and most likely can't see him on a second date. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

it will be over... All over. I'll never have to see a Deadpool ad again. Its been a long hard fight. Sometimes I thought I wouldn't be able to pull through. One more week... Just one more week

You get a year and a half break.

Then X gonna give it to you for Deadpool 2. :ohmygod:

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

The magic phrase is "foreign pre-sales". :)

Foreign pre-sales can't keep saving them forever. Their movies don't open above 10M unless they have Divergent or Hunger Games on the title. Their stocks saw a huge drop today.

13 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Because I want him to take a hint. I told him on our date that I am really busy and most likely can't see him on a second date. 

Some people you just gotta hit over the head with it. Anything less and they'll be in so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jp territory.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Some guys think you're just playing hard to get.

A hint might not do the trick.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You get a year and a half break.

Then X gonna give it to you for Deadpool 2. :ohmygod:

One year and a half? You are thinking Summer 2017 for a sequel? Too soon? Maybe Summer 2018? Similar to what they did with Kingsman and his sequel?

FOX has an Untitled Marvel movie on Summer 2018 that was supposed to be the mighty crossover between X-Men and Fant4stic but that ain't happening anymore, so...

Ended up seeing Dirty Grandpa with some friends tonight and I can honestly say it will probably be one of my new guilty pleasures. Sure it was crude and offensive humor but everyone in my group and the theater seemed to enjoy it. Sometimes it feels good to just turn your brain off and enjoy a dumb comedy. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

One year and a half? You are thinking Summer 2017 for a sequel? Too soon? Maybe Summer 2018? Similar to what they did with Kingsman and his sequel?

FOX has an Untitled Marvel movie on Summer 2018 that was supposed to be the mighty crossover between X-Men and Fant4stic but that ain't happening anymore, so...

Well the marketing blitz will start 6 months prior to release.

And if DP crosses 400 m WW, Fox will snatch a 2018 release date soon after.

30 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Do we have Friday numbers? I need to go somewhere, kindly just edit the title once we get numbers. Thanks.

We have some afternoon earlies. http://deadline.com/2016/02/pride-prejudice-and-zombies-hail-caesar-the-choice-weekend-box-office-1201697018/

HC - 3.5

PPZ - 3.5

Choice - 2.8

KFP3 - 5

• Like 1