Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

WrathOfHan

Deadpool 2 | May 18 2018 | New Trailer with TERRY CREWS and JULIAN DENNISON on Page 120! | Please read the mod post recommended at the top of the thread Final trailer pg 162

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is anyone really surprised this would be underwhelming? You can't take something with the novelty of the first and make it strike twice to such effective results. This was inevitable. 

Not sure if people are complaining about the humor and action(are they? They seem fine from what I've read); I think what people are mostly complaining about is a specific plot point.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Not sure if people are complaining about the humor and action(are they? They seem fine from what I've read); I think what people are mostly complaining about is a specific plot point.

Most of the complaints are directed at a plot point, but the humor is said to be much edgier and more mean spirited than the first

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Actually they complained about plot too, not just plot point.

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Most of the complaints are directed at a plot point, but the humor is said to be much edgier and more mean spirited than the first

But if that plot point comes to pass, you'd assume everything would be edgier and more mean-spirited...

I'm gonna wait until I see the movie but I can probably guess what the plot point that's pissing people off is. Eh.

22 hours ago, dudalb said:

God, no. Directly the opposite for test screenngs.. They do NOT want a audience full of fans, since that will give them a false read on how a typical audience will react to a film.

Now preview screenings ,which are to promote a movie, are completely different......

Looks like you’re wrong. :P

16 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Yeah they also take into account if you're a fan (young especially). That means you'd be more likely to spread social media links or merchandise from a movie. 

Edited by Jay Beezy

Others have mentioned the novelty factor, I also get the sense that a movie like Deadpool you can only do well once. 

The above tweet is encouraging for Deadpool fans though.

Edited by lilmac

This could be a dismal record low May now that IW has vacated and if this gets bad WOM. Both this and Solo could miss 300 and there's literally nothing else that can make dent on the schedule. Add to that the fact that 2016 and 2017 were already record low Mays and May might be turning into the - *plot twist* - dump month of summer.

:ohmygod:

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Haha 1

Well, @manabyte asked for receipts. His antagonizing Fox as a studio, saying other sites have a vested interest to make DP2 look good so they can host Q&A’s, and the fact that he mislead people to think reshoots were happening just now is enough proof for me that what I said has some merit. 

• Like 2

Nah, remember the bad test screenings of Wonder Woman last year ?

I am not worried at all.

Like Wonder Woman inspired millions of young girls/women to be strong while remaining sexy as a Victoria s Secret model, Deadpool 2 is gonna get great reviews and will inspire all the douchebags of Planet earth this summer that think their brand of humor is funny.

Edited by The Futurist

How about we all see the movie in May and decide for ourselves if its good or not?

Just an idea.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Nah, remember the bad test screenings of Wonder Woamn last year ?

No, source? People need to stop using Wonder Woman as an example of "bad rumors" (and now bad test screening) because of one single anonymous blog post.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Nah, remember the bad test screenings of Wonder Woman last year ?

I am not worried at all.

Like Wonder Woman inspired millions of young girls/women to be strong while remaining sexy as a Victoria s Secret model, Deadpool 2 is gonna get great reviews and will inspire all the douchebags of Planet earth this summer that think their brand of humor is funny.

Do you ever make any sense?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is anyone really surprised this would be underwhelming? You can't take something with the novelty of the first and make it strike twice to such effective results. This was inevitable. 

True,but 90% of the fuss is about a specific plot point, which, if true..and that is a big if....would be a kick in the fact to fans of the franchise. Big enough so if true I won't be spending my ten bucks on the film. And I loved the first tone.