WrathOfHan

Deadpool 2 | May 18 2018 | PG-13 version called "Once Upon a Deadpool" releases December 12 for 12 days only

Please not Wright. He's better than Deadpool.

Just now, Alpha said:

Is he, though? The World's End was a tad disappointing. 

Sounds like Ryan Reynolds is a bit of a diva tbh. Having your first hit (both critically and financially) after years of failing will do that to ya, I guess.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wright is perfect for Deadpool.  This'll be his big break into Hollywood.  He'll be the nex Doug Liman in where he makes one great film and suddenly gets offered dozens of directing roles.  Look at Liman's schedule after Edge of Tomorrow and tell me that EoT didn't help him get to that place.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Sounds like Ryan Reynolds is a bit of a diva tbh. Having your first hit (both critically and financially) after years of failing will do that to ya, I guess.

You can say the same thing for Tim Miller, though.....like you're seriously going to leave Deadpool 2 because you didn't get Kyle Chandler as Cable? That's nonsense. Which is why I feel like it delves deeper and probably has more to do with Tim and Ryan just not liking one another or something and it was the final straw for Tim so "creative differences" is what they went with. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Is he, though? The World's End was a tad disappointing. 

Shaun of the dead & Hot Fuzz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DeadPoo.

Edited by Belakor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Belakor said:

Shaun of the dead & Hot Fuzz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DeadPoo.

Well yeah.

Make an audacious creative movie by uniting against and winning over the establishment.

Part over creative differences in the sequel.

One of them switched to the dark side imo.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

The creative differences were over Ryan Reynolds wanting to cast Taylor Swift as Domino :ph34r::ph34r:

17 hours ago, Nova said:

You can say the same thing for Tim Miller, though.....like you're seriously going to leave Deadpool 2 because you didn't get Kyle Chandler as Cable? That's nonsense. Which is why I feel like it delves deeper and probably has more to do with Tim and Ryan just not liking one another or something and it was the final straw for Tim so "creative differences" is what they went with. 

Yeah, it seems so easy to blame Reynolds for diva behavior because he's the big star, but he's the one who's put his neck on the line, moreso than Miller, to get Deadpool out there. He understands the character more than anyone else involved in the movie. And not every director is at the top of a movie's importance hierarchy.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Yeah, it seems so easy to blame Reynolds for diva behavior because he's the big star, but he's the one who's put his neck on the line, moreso than Miller, to get Deadpool out there. He understands the character more than anyone else involved in the movie. And not every director is at the top of a movie's importance hierarchy.

Exactly....add to the fact that he's throwing his own money into the project, on top of the money he spent on the first one, and I can totally understand his view point...plus like you've stated I really don't think he's going to sabotage the movie by calling the shots because he really gets the Deadpool character and I remember him saying that's why he put his own money into the first movie because he didn't want the studio or anyone else to ruin the character. BUT I can also see why folks are calling him a "diva." He's the reason why the director walked away. Sucky situation but I'm sure they'll find a replacement soon. 

On that note there's an actual petition going around asking for Tarantino to direct it.....

What if this is all part of the marketing and Miller really didn't leave the project?  Would be brilliant way to keep DP in the news.  :jeb!:

Anyway, he probably did leave it.  I think as long as the writers are still there, and Ryan, I'm not too worried.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2016 at 8:22 PM, filmlover said:

Idk, when I think of passion for the character of deadpool, Reynolds comes to mind first and foremost. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nova said:

Exactly....add to the fact that he's throwing his own money into the project, on top of the money he spent on the first one, and I can totally understand his view point...plus like you've stated I really don't think he's going to sabotage the movie by calling the shots because he really gets the Deadpool character and I remember him saying that's why he put his own money into the first movie because he didn't want the studio or anyone else to ruin the character. BUT I can also see why folks are calling him a "diva." He's the reason why the director walked away. Sucky situation but I'm sure they'll find a replacement soon. 

On that note there's an actual petition going around asking for Tarantino to direct it.....

I would honestly rather have Lord and Miller or trey Parker and Matt stone before tarantino...nothing against tarantino, but I just don't see it working. My top choice is to let Reynolds himself direct. 

• Like 3

Karyn Kusama is a name I'm gonna randomly throw out there. I'd like to see a female director for this.

• Like 1

Quentin Tarantino is one of my favorite, if not my favorite director. A QT Deadpool would be fucking terrible. The styles do not match whatsoever. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Quentin Tarantino is one of my favorite, if not my favorite director. A QT Deadpool would be fucking terrible. The styles do not match whatsoever. 

I agree. I'm a fan of Tarantino but him and Deadpool would be awful...that's why I don't get the petition. 

My top two choices are Edgar Wright and Matthew Vaughn. I want to say Ryan himself but I don't know how I'd feel for him directing his first film and it being a blockbuster with little to no directing experience. 

So I'm holding onto Wright and Vaughn and praying to the Deadpool Gods that one of them gets the job. 

• Like 1

Article pretty much says: 

Ideas for the sequel were already planned out before the first even came out so the direction the sequel was headed in was already figured out. 

Tim Miller wanted to spend $150M+ on Deadpool 2 and make it like the other super hero movies. He wanted a more stylized version which has already been mentioned before. 

Ryan, Rhett Reese and Paul Warnick were not on board with that idea and ultimately Fox sided with them in regards to the sequel. 

I said this when Deadpool came out and a sequel was announced...a sequel would be successful simply because of Deadpool being able to continue with low budgets like no way does Deadpool need a $100+ budget. That's not his character and Ryan, Rhett and Paul have mentioned that before. But when I thought Tim meant more stylized, I wasn't expecting him to also want a massive budget to go along with it. I wonder what more details are going to start emerging....

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Article pretty much says: 

Ideas for the sequel were already planned out before the first even came out so the direction the sequel was headed in was already figured out. 

Tim Miller wanted to spend $150M+ on Deadpool 2 and make it like the other super hero movies. He wanted a more stylized version which has already been mentioned before. 

Ryan, Rhett Reese and Paul Warnick were not on board with that idea and ultimately Fox sided with them in regards to the sequel. 

I said this when Deadpool came out and a sequel was announced...a sequel would be successful simply because of Deadpool being able to continue with low budgets like no way does Deadpool need a $100+ budget. That's not his character and Ryan, Rhett and Paul have mentioned that before. But when I thought Tim meant more stylized, I wasn't expecting him to also want a massive budget to go along with it. I wonder what more details are going to start emerging....

Sounds like Miller was the diva

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Sounds like Miller was the diva

Yea I don't know. Someone from Collider said it wasn't the budget but then Umberto Gonzalez said that when he asked the insider if it was the budget (Miller wanting a bigger budget) they didn't deny it but denied other things that he brought up to them. 

In the end it's apparent that Miller wanted to go in one direction and the other three wanted to go in another and that's why Miller left. I don't think the budget (if it was even a problem) was the driving force and rather that the writers and Ryan had something in mind but Miller wasn't on board with it. 

• Like 1