grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-stakes-release-date-third-890292

One movie that's in the running for 2018 or 2019 is The Invisible Man. In February, Johnny Depp closed a deal to star in the reboot.

The studio has a writers room with elite scribes, overseen by Kurtzman and Morgan, who are tackling reboots of the entire line of Universal’s classic monsters; sources say Ed Solomon, best known for writing Men in Black and Now You See Me, is writing Invisible Man.

Is Johnny Depp playing the invisible man? In the 1933 original, the highlight of the movie was the lead actor's voice acting. Not sure if Johnny Depp could pull that kind of performance with just his voice... 

Continuity-free, Blumhouse-produced low risk/high reward sounds like such a genius idea for this over what they were doing before. Sounds like Universal brought the very-maligned Dark Universe back to life in an incredibly smart way.

Edited by TMP

4 hours ago, TMP said:

Continuity-free, Blumhouse-produced low risk/high reward sounds like such a genius idea for this over what they were doing before. Sounds like Universal brought the very-maligned Dark Universe back to life in an incredibly smart way.

finally they read what everyone on the internet said they should've done two years ago. very smart from them. trying to make them into marvel movies when blumhouse was right there making bank was always crazy dumb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

About two years ago I binged through all of the Universal monster movies, and The Invisible Man probably holds up best (though I preferred the first two Frankenstein movies). Found quite a few sequences genuinely scary.

Hail Whale tbh.

Over The Wolf Man? 🤔 But I'll admit I haven't seen The Invisible Man in ages.

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

finally they read what everyone on the internet said they should've done two years ago. very smart from them. trying to make them into marvel movies when blumhouse was right there making bank was always crazy dumb.

Is that Blumhouse SPAWN movie gonna be part of this Dark Universe?

Nice thing is you can do "The Invisible Man" without spending a lot of money.

I really hope they don't totally throw the H G Wells novel out the window.It's pretty damn good, you know

I preseume that Moss will play the role played by Gloria Stuart (of "Titanic" fame in the original.