grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

Just now, TMP said:

Did they cast Skarsgard of Hammer? Or is Moss the Invisible Man this time?

No Elisabeth Moss seems to be filling the role ((In the original movie this character was an ex-wife/wife)) of the Invisible Man's ex. So I imagine Skarsgard is the Invisible Man.

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This sounds really different from the original but tbh I'm very excited because of it.

Not me. I think classic novels should be respected.

The whole point is the same chemicals that makes the Invisible Man Invisible also drive him crazy and make him a homicidal maniac. Lose that and it's no longer a horror movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

No Elisabeth Moss seems to be filling the role ((In the original movie this character was an ex-wife/wife)) of the Invisible Man's ex. So I imagine Skarsgard is the Invisible Man.

Footnote the female lead in the original was Gloria Stuart;who would    retire from movies in the early 40's but then make a Oscar nominated comeback as the aged Kate Winslet in "Titanic".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Damn - Tarzan, Godzilla v Kong and The Invisible Man. Dude's getting some high profile gigs, on top of being great on HBO's Big Little Lies (never seen True Blood, so can't comment on that). Less said about Mute, the better.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The whole point is the same chemicals that makes the Invisible Man Invisible also drive him crazy and make him a homicidal maniac. Lose that and it's no longer a horror movie.

Wasn't the classic novel about the many social and intellectual issues facing African Americans early in the twentieth century? Shit, wrong Invisible Man

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Just saying but from my perspective in life an abusive ex who can turn invisible is fucking terrifying.

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Wasn't the classic novel about the many social and intellectual issues facing African Americans early in the twentieth century? Shit, wrong Invisible Man

You win a lot of extra points for that one.

H.G. Wells and Ralph Ellison: do not mix up.

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Oh man a Universal Monsters Reboot and Godzilla vs Kong in the same month? Someone pinch me I'm dreaming.

Not just the same month but the same weekend. WB and LP won’t move GvsKong again. Not sure why Universal picked this date?

Just now, Cookson said:

Not just the same month but the same weekend. WB and LP won’t move GvsKong again. Not sure why Universal picked this date?

They must like the tracking for Ma. They can co-exist easily imo so I don't mind.

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I doubt Godzilla vs King Kong will stay with that date. A major CGI spectacle, I believe they’ll need more time to finish.

They already moved it. I liked the May date better but they’re sticking to this March date for sure. Filming is done... just sfx work now.