grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

16 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

The psychological games she goes through in the trailer has me thinking I will like this 😂. BTW, is this part of Universal's connected monster universe?

The Dark Universe has been dead since the Mummy bombed.

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

Anyone else thinking this may not do so hot at the box office? Buzz seems non existent right now.

And they don't have much time to create some.

It won't bomb,*with a 9 million dollar budget .. but I wonder it is going to be the big hit some people here think. Real question is can it break out beyond the horror devotees and bring in the General Audience.

Edited by dudalb

11 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Invisible Man - 90/100 on critics choice :ohmygod:

(could fluctuate a lot tho, Sonic was at 40 for weeks but now at 73)

Turns out I was right when I said the score would fluctuate but I really didn't expect it fluctuate suddenly so soon and I didn't expect it drop by 30 points. Probably will go back up though and I still have a feeling the movie will get really good reviews.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Tracking has it at $20m+, so there's obviously more buzz for it than for previous Horror movies.

Actually, an original Horror coming so strong at tracking almost always means break-out.

Plus, Universal is actually promoting it, and gave it an IMAX release, which shows confidence that it can actually cross-over with GA.

It is shaping up to be a big break-out, it only needs good reviews for it, imo. 

5 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Anyone else thinking this may not do so hot at the box office? Buzz seems non existent right now.

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hype right now seems comparable to Fantasy Island imo which would probably be sub-10 mil opening (no Friday+Sunday inflation).

Reviews will be great, it will do very well at the box office.

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hype right now seems comparable to Fantasy Island imo which would probably be sub-10 mil opening (no Friday+Sunday inflation).

I don't know where you live, but Invisible Man is being marketed much heavier then Fantasy Island ever was.

And it has this over Fantasy Island, it was not directed by a director who has never gotten a decent critical reception for one of his films in his life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePhasmid said:

Current buzz seems quite positive, but I don't know how that will translate to box office. This definitely seems like a great "date night" horror film given the manner in which Whannell approaches the subject. However, it's February, and Sonic beat them to the Valentine's Day punch.

It's tracking at $20m+, that's a huge early start for an original Horror movie, I'm sure that it's going to break out once it gets amazing reviews;.