grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

16 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It's tracking at $20m+, that's a huge early start for an original Horror movie, I'm sure that it's going to break out once it gets amazing reviews;.

literally based on an existing horror property. :redcapes:

That said, it looks really good, is cheap af and tracks for 2.5 times the budget. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

literally based on an existing horror property. :redcapes:

That said, it looks really good, is cheap af and tracks for 2.5 times the budget. 

When was the last Invisible Man movie released? I really doubt it has any fanbase at all.

Leigh is a master when it comes to making big movies on a small budget, Updgrade was more inventive on action sequences than several mid-budget Action movies released last year. 

• Like 1

This Invisible Man is not entertainment; it's merely a domestic-violence showcase for masochists.

February 21, 2020 | Full Review…
v1.YzsyNzk0O2c7MTgzMTU7MjA0ODsxNTA7MTUw

Armond White

Getting the inevitable negative review of a movie everyone else will love out of the way early.

Edited by Boxofficerules
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

I'm pulling for this one.  There's an interesting (if not spotty legacy) in the invisible man category...  Hollow Man, The Invisible Man (Chevy Chase).

The concept gets rebooted into something else every 15 years or so and veers from comedy/scifi to horror/scifi/drama to adventure/action/comedy and now this.  In the past these movies have done innovative things with visual effects at the time... usually the fx of subtraction and compositing.  But a pure horror/thriller in this category sounds smart.

I'll admit though the marketing has so far confused me.  I thought I was looking at a domestic abuse drama but by the end of the trailer I'm told its something more like scifi/thriller/horror.  That makes me a little worried they're having a hard time figuring out how to market it.

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

This Invisible Man is not entertainment; it's merely a domestic-violence showcase for masochists.

February 21, 2020 | Full Review…
v1.YzsyNzk0O2c7MTgzMTU7MjA0ODsxNTA7MTUw

Armond White

Getting the inevitable negative review of a movie everyone else will love out of the way early.

I read the review and I didn't even get what his point is.

Edited by stephanos13
  • Like 1

The trailer revealed the whole movie. I think the only mystery is if it ends with a built-in sequel or they want it to be a standalone. That said, there's nothing else coming out next week and holdovers from this week won't exactly excite, so it's a clear path to healthy boxoffice. Moss is turning into this generation's scream queen (this and Us). 

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

The trailer revealed the whole movie. I think the only mystery is if it ends with a built-in sequel or they want it to be a standalone. That said, there's nothing else coming out next week and holdovers from this week won't exactly excite, so it's a clear path to healthy boxoffice. Moss is turning into this generation's scream queen (this and Us). 

According to the reviews and reactions I've seen, the trailers have revealed almost nothing.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Sure it didn't. The whole outline of the story is there. They may have saved money shots (and I hope the dog is OK) but the story is in the trailer: Moss leaves abusive hubby, he finds a way to invisibility to continue to harass her, she turns tables on him. I can't see how the movie could be different unless it's one of those "it was all in her head" twists. 

36 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Sure it didn't. The whole outline of the story is there. They may have saved money shots (and I hope the dog is OK) but the story is in the trailer: Moss leaves abusive hubby, he finds a way to invisibility to continue to harass her, she turns tables on him. I can't see how the movie could be different unless it's one of those "it was all in her head" twists. 

Dog better survive, otherwise legs will be awful.

Plus, several people said there's twists on the movie that weren't on trailers.

3 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Dog better survive, otherwise legs will be awful.

Plus, several people said there's twists on the movie that weren't on trailers.

Quoted for truth. I always check whether there's animal cruelty in a movie and refuse to watch if there is. 

I'm sure there are twists, it's just that the trailer was cut in such a way that reactions I read are "well, thanks for spoiling the whole movie". maybe they shouldn't have made it so point A to B to C linear.