grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

28 minutes ago, Litio said:

Thank you, God. We don't need another Midsommar

:bravo:

My hope for Invisible Man's OW floor is 27.4M which is Midsommar's paltry dom total (and WW is even paltrier 42.2M :rofl:). Boy did critics and some others shill that crap but even Hemoroids didn't care.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

51 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

So good reviews but seems like it’s not on par with Ari Aster/Jordan Peele levels of horror.

I know nothing about the original so I’m excited to see it soon

Midsommar has an 82% score, it can easily stay above it.

And I'll be glad if it isn't anything like US. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:bravo:

My hope for Invisible Man's OW floor is 27.4M which is Midsommar's paltry dom total (and WW is even paltrier 42.2M :rofl:). Boy did critics and some others shill that crap but even Hemoroids didn't care.

one is a mainstream horror remake getting a wide worldwide release, the other is an A24 slow-burn  drama-horror from a director that doesn't pander to the mainstream horror fandom. 

Not saying Midsommar was objectively good or anything (just an opinion which has nothing to do w/ objective reviews based on facts) but this is like comparing the IT remakes to something like A Quiet Place, which is a moot comparison box office wise. 

Edited by RealLyre
word

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I wonder if this movie will get the same vitrol Black Christmas got from the "go woke, go broke" crowd. 

That crowd suck lol. 

53 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Where are you looking ?

My feed says top critics 6 fresh 1 rotten !

.....Well considering my post was 5 hours before yours lol, I’m thinking more reviews maybe got added after I posted? 😂

Just now, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

@Valonqar Moss is being praised as fuck, we may have our first Best Actress contender right here. 

We won’t, they always overlook horror. If Toni and Lupita didn’t get nominated, she won’t either sadly. 

I’m one of the lucky ones that loves both Us and Midsommar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

one is a mainstream horror remake getting a wide worldwide release, the other is an A24 slow-burn  drama-horror from a director that doesn't pander to the mainstream horror fandom. 

Not saying Midsommar was objectively good or anything (just an opinion which has nothing to do facts) but this is like comparing the IT remakes to something like A Quiet Place, which is a moot comparison box office wise. 

Still, Midsommar had far bigger expectations considering the popularity that Hereditary got. Let's not try to rewrite history here, Midsommar came below expectations. 

Us wasn't even a horror but a comedy. It had terrifically scary trailers but the movie was full of intentional laughs especially eevrything with Moss and her hubby who deserved a spin-off where they just drunkenly bicker and try to get their home security work. 

yeha, I'm not getting too excited that a horror performance will get nominated especially for a movie released this early. I mena, if it had cultural impact of Get Out than all bets are off but that doesn't seem to be the case atm.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

We won’t, they always overlook horror. If Toni and Lupita didn’t get nominated, she won’t either sadly. 

I’m one of the lucky ones that loves both Us and Midsommar. 

They usually go for Horror movies that has social comentaries behind them, and it is the case here, so who knows. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Us wasn't even a horror but a comedy. It had terrifically scary trailers but the movie was full of intentional laughs especially eevrything with Moss and her hubby who deserved a spin-off where they just drunkenly bicker and try to get their home security work. 

if you laugh in a movie it's a comedy. 

what a diverse genre.