Jump to content
grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I don't think they even care about this movie. 

Beside there is nothing woke or broke about this movie. 

The movie is clearly about domestic abuse and has the abusive husband as the bad guy. Definitely something these kinds of people would hate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The movie is clearly about domestic abuse and has the abusive husband as the bad guy. Definitely something these kinds of people would hate.

duh? did you expect him to play the hero?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Litio said:

Thank you, God. We don't need another Midsommar

:bravo:

 

My hope for Invisible Man's OW floor is 27.4M which is Midsommar's paltry dom total (and WW is even paltrier 42.2M :rofl:). Boy did critics and some others shill that crap but even Hemoroids didn't care.

 

 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 2
  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

So good reviews but seems like it’s not on par with Ari Aster/Jordan Peele levels of horror.

 

 

I know nothing about the original so I’m excited to see it soon

 

 

 

 

Midsommar has an 82% score, it can easily stay above it.

 

And I'll be glad if it isn't anything like US. 

  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:bravo:

 

My hope for Invisible Man's OW floor is 27.4M which is Midsommar's paltry dom total (and WW is even paltrier 42.2M :rofl:). Boy did critics and some others shill that crap but even Hemoroids didn't care.

 

 

one is a mainstream horror remake getting a wide worldwide release, the other is an A24 slow-burn  drama-horror from a director that doesn't pander to the mainstream horror fandom. 

 

Not saying Midsommar was objectively good or anything (just an opinion which has nothing to do w/ objective reviews based on facts) but this is like comparing the IT remakes to something like A Quiet Place, which is a moot comparison box office wise. 

 

Edited by RealLyre
word
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I wonder if this movie will get the same vitrol Black Christmas got from the "go woke, go broke" crowd. 

That crowd suck lol. 

53 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Where are you looking ?

 

My feed says top critics 6 fresh 1 rotten !

.....Well considering my post was 5 hours before yours lol, I’m thinking more reviews maybe got added after I posted? 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

@Valonqar Moss is being praised as fuck, we may have our first Best Actress contender right here. 

We won’t, they always overlook horror. If Toni and Lupita didn’t get nominated, she won’t either sadly. 
 

I’m one of the lucky ones that loves both Us and Midsommar. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

one is a mainstream horror remake getting a wide worldwide release, the other is an A24 slow-burn  drama-horror from a director that doesn't pander to the mainstream horror fandom. 

 

Not saying Midsommar was objectively good or anything (just an opinion which has nothing to do facts) but this is like comparing the IT remakes to something like A Quiet Place, which is a moot comparison box office wise. 

 

 

Still, Midsommar had far bigger expectations considering the popularity that Hereditary got. Let's not try to rewrite history here, Midsommar came below expectations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Us wasn't even a horror but a comedy. It had terrifically scary trailers but the movie was full of intentional laughs especially eevrything with Moss and her hubby who deserved a spin-off where they just drunkenly bicker and try to get their home security work. 

 

yeha, I'm not getting too excited that a horror performance will get nominated especially for a movie released this early. I mena, if it had cultural impact of Get Out than all bets are off but that doesn't seem to be the case atm.

 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

 

Midsommar has an 82% score, it can easily stay above it.

 

And I'll be glad if it isn't anything like US. 

Im sure everyone is hoping it's not like 'US' or its OW multiplier would suck

  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

We won’t, they always overlook horror. If Toni and Lupita didn’t get nominated, she won’t either sadly. 
 

I’m one of the lucky ones that loves both Us and Midsommar. 

 

They usually go for Horror movies that has social comentaries behind them, and it is the case here, so who knows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Us wasn't even a horror but a comedy. It had terrifically scary trailers but the movie was full of intentional laughs especially eevrything with Moss and her hubby who deserved a spin-off where they just drunkenly bicker and try to get their home security work. 

if you laugh in a movie it's a comedy. 

 

what a diverse genre. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.