grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Comparing Midsommar to Crawl is like comparing The Witch to The Conjuring. Two completely different styles of horror released by two vastly different distributors. Jesus, people.

hating on A24 is the new cool thing ig, when they spend a fraction of what major studios do on marketing. (most A24 movies don't even get a proper OS release lol).

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm I disagree here. I seen it on many top 10 lists. Especially from the horror community. Invisible Man will be lucky to do even half of Us. 

Ooof, I remember you had a thing about this film when it came out 😂. Show us where Ari Aster touched you. 

I’m loving that films like Us, Hereditary and Midsommar are getting wide releases and the mainstream minds can’t cope lol 

LOL, cope with the fact that Midsommar is the only flop among these 3. Us was a huge boxoffice success and Hereditary did well for weirdo shit it was. They were success. Trying to stuff Midsommar into the same box with them is laughable. It didn't open well, it didn't have good legs, it didn't receive same kind of acclaim that Hereditary did and even core fans didn't like it much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I mean, it's fine if you dislike Ari Aster and all, but you speak of him as if he raped your family, for fuck's sake. Are you 12?

It’s Val. He can’t be older than 8.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

hating on A24 is the new cool thing ig, when they spend a fraction of what major studios do on marketing. (most A24 movies don't even get a proper OS release lol).

A24's the only studio consistently releasing good films too. Weird to hate on them.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Comparing Midsommar to Crawl is like comparing The Witch to The Conjuring. Two completely different styles of horror released by two vastly different distributors. Jesus, people.

Not really. Crawl was dumped, Midsommar was relentlessly shilled. So it doesn't matter what type of horror they are, people smelled a Turdsommar and flipped it the bird, while they discovered that Crawl was a fun romp worth seeing.   

Oh and cry me a river with "calling one A24 dud a dud = hating on A24 opus". :rolleyes:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I don't hate A24 at all, I actually give props to them for helping bringing credibility for the genre, I just think it's absurd to people here pretend that Midsommar did great, when in fact, if you check old comments, you'll see a lot of people having big expectations for it thanks to the goodwill that Hereditary generated for the Ari brand. 

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm I disagree here. I seen it on many top 10 lists. Especially from the horror community. Invisible Man will be lucky to do even half of Us. 

Ooof, I remember you had a thing about this film when it came out 😂. Show us where Ari Aster touched you. 

I’m loving that films like Us, Hereditary and Midsommar are getting wide releases and the mainstream minds can’t cope lol 

Sorry but being on a few top 10 lists doesn't mean the majority of the public didn't forget about it. It's WOM wasn't great, that can't be argued 

• ...wtf 1

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL, cope with the fact that Midsommar is the only flop among these 3. Us was a huge boxoffice success and Hereditary did well for weirdo shit it was. They were success. Trying to stuff Midsommar into the same box with them is laughable. It didn't open well, it didn't have good legs, it didn't receive same kind of acclaim that Hereditary did and even core fans didn't like it much. 

Cope? Lol. I never said it was in the “same box as them” just said I love all 3 and I’m glad they all got wide releases regardless of their weirdness. They’re not very “general public”. 

4 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

Sorry but being on a few top 10 lists doesn't mean the majority of the public didn't forget about it. It's WOM wasn't great, that can't be argued 

Where are you getting the idea that the vast majority of the people who saw it have forgotten about it? 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Us WOM was shit but marketing did the job - it opened way above expectations so bad legs didn't matter. Mission accomplished. Unlike movies that neither open well nor have good WOM/legs. 

US was so overhyped by critics. The OW was huge, but legs were very weak. People didn't enjoy it

• Disbelief 1

21 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I don't hate A24 at all, I actually give props to them for helping bringing credibility for the genre, I just think it's absurd to people here pretend that Midsommar did great, when in fact, if you check old comments, you'll see a lot of people having big expectations for it thanks to the goodwill that Hereditary generated for the Ari brand. 

Um... no one has said that it did great... 

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

US was so overhyped by critics. The OW was huge, but legs were very weak. People didn't enjoy it

What a sweeping statement lol.

People forget that Us played like a follow up to Get Out; explaining (some) of the frontloaded-ness and record breaking opening. 

2.46x legs aren’t bad at all for a hyped horror film. 

Unless a few people here are just new to box office. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

That's all true. BTW, BOP RT plumeted to 78% after it bombed. critics realized that overhype wasn't going to save it and started to give sincere reviews. I remember it was in high 80s when it opened. Critics act like influencers way too much and that backfires when overhyped movies are not as great and critics make them out ot be.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yeah, I saw a lot of love for Ladybird, The Lighthouse, Uncut Gems. They are all A24 no? So suuuure, hate fad in full swing. 

Uncut Gems got a C+ cinemascore so audiences must have hated it, where did you see all the love? on the same social media accounts that shilled Midsommar? I thought you don't trust them :thinking:

Edited by RealLyre