grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

We finally have a good Invisible Man film. People think Ghosts of Mars was Carpenter's biggest misstep, but I would ague his version of Invisible Man with Chevy Chase was at the bottom of his efforts. Verhoeven's Hollow Man had so much potential, but it was wasted on a script that only flirted with the many potentials of this plot device. Instead, we got a relatively expensive by the numbers slasher flick with only a couple of engaging set pieces and a damn fine joke. This looks genuinely good, though.

Just now, ThePhasmid said:

We finally have a good Invisible Man film. People think Ghosts of Mars was Carpenter's biggest misstep, but I would ague his version of Invisible Man with Chevy Chase was at the bottom of his efforts. Verhoeven's Hollow Man had so much potential, but it was wasted on a script that only flirted with the many potentials of this plot device. Instead, we got a relatively expensive by the numbers slasher flick with only a couple of engaging set pieces and a damn fine joke. This looks genuinely good, though.

We had a good Invisible Man film in 1931...and it stuck to the HG Wells book.

14 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Is this starting another 'Dark Universe'?

After the glorious micro-budget thriller that was "Upgrade", I don't think Whannell is contractually tethered to the Dark Universe. He's Blumhouse's ace in the sleeve. After Depp was dropped, I think Universal/Blumhouse just let Whannell do his thing with the typical small budget he operates in.

Edited by ThePhasmid