WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Superhero movies are here to stay.

It's now a timeless genre like sci fi, romance, or fantasy.

They might cut back every few years but there will be at least two or three every year...

...till the end of time. :apocalypse:

There are a few Westerns released every year too but nothing like it was. Generations seek there own voice. That's a good thing. AND Star Wars.

5 minutes ago, Fake said:

(BTW I don't think it can beat BvS........ the latter will do 350M at absolute worst, and Deadpool won't be able to do that. However, it will beat all other CB movies this year).

To me I can see DP beating SVB Only because It annoying seeing this over and over.

How many times have they made a cartoon or move with superman vsing batman? It really old now. 

12 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

They need to do X-Force and put Deadpool and Wolverine in it. Scratch Gambit. That movie has flop written all over it and will ruin Fox's momentum.

Agree completely. People wanted a Deadpool movie, no one has asked for a Gambit film other than Tatum. It doesn't even makes sense that was greenlighted.

3 minutes ago, Fake said:

Deadpool vs Man of Stell

PRE+MID = 12.7M vs 21.0M

FRIDAY = 34.8M vs 35.1M

SATURDAY = 42.0 vs 26.3M

SUNDAY = 42.0 vs 36.3M

Total = 130M+ vs 128.7M

Deadpool has beat Superman now........ what a feat!!! It could beat its domestic gross too and hit 300M!! :o

(BTW I don't think it can beat BvS........ the latter will do 350M at absolute worst, and Deadpool won't be able to do that. However, it will beat all other CB movies this year).

Deadpool is not bigger than Iron Man or the Avengers.

Civil War should open around IM3's OW (174 m).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Agree completely. People wanted a Deadpool movie, no one has asked for a Gambit film other than Tatum. It doesn't even makes sense that was greenlighted.

What makes sense is taking another character from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and casting the same actor to play him in a spinoff instead of Tatum. Make it rated R in the process. It worked for Deadpool, it will work for Gambit!

:kitschjob:

• Like 4

Just now, grey ghost said:

Civil War should open around IM3's OW (174 m).

If they do it right, Civil war is big if to me.

Not saying captain not loved but Civil war has to be done right to be good.

Biggest fear people have is Ironman stealing the spot light because it "captain" movie. Many these people don't realize captain loses in the end and dies.

I see this movie being 140-150 if it done good and if it done great then higher but again if to me.

2 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

If they do it right, Civil war is big if to me.

Not saying captain not loved but Civil war has to be done right to be good.

Biggest fear people have is Ironman stealing the spot light because it "captain" movie. Many these people don't realize captain loses in the end and dies.

I see this movie being 140-150 if it done good and if it done great then higher but again if to me.

I'm not worried about Civil War's quality tbh, I think it'll be very good.

I think it can do 350 million as well. Don't see it going past Iron Man 3. I think BvS' ceiling is higher, if it's good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazydom said:

I really want Domino in the sequel. Too bad that Fox doesn't have the rights to Taskmaster, because he'd be great too.

People I love see in a DP Movie

x-23 or Psylockie as lover

Taskmaster

lady Deadpool

cable

archangel

logan

omage red

thanos because well they got history 

ghost rider

captain  

sabertooth just so he can insult saber with jokes.

Edited by drakeyuuhi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

What makes sense is taking another character from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and casting the same actor to play him in a spinoff instead of Tatum. Make it rated R in the process. It worked for Deadpool, it will work for Gambit!

:kitschjob:

Can't wait for the Blob spinoff with Kevin Durand. Keamy 4ever

• Like 4

BvS is not making less than 450 million.  It's not opening to less than 150 million.  Deadpool is doing really well, but it's not out grossing BvS.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, crazydom said:

I really want Domino in the sequel. Too bad that Fox doesn't have the rights to Taskmaster, because he'd be great too.

Taskmaster is primarily S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA (he mentored Crossbones), so we don't need him.

I definitely saw a reference to 

Spoiler

Bob, Agent of HYDRA, but without the HYDRA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

BvS is not making less than 450 million.  It's not opening to less than 150 million.  Deadpool is doing really well, but it's not out grossing BvS.

Because the over used theme of superman vs batman is so great?

First time it was good then got very old with how many times they did this idea.

Even a old man batman beat superman.  We all know how this movie is going to end with batman winning yet again. 

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

what???? 

I have a hard enough time seeing it hit 400M let alone 450M

Just now, drakeyuuhi said:

Because the over used theme of superman vs batman is so great?

First time it was good then got very old with how many times they did this idea.

Even a old man batman beat superman.  We all know how this movie is going to end with batman winning yet again. 

It's NEVER been done in a live action movie ... that's why the ceiling for it is higher than anything else if they deliver in the weeks leading up to release and it's not terrible.