WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

59 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I accounted for this. Re-read my post. X-Men Origins adjusts to 200M.

Why are you using adjusted grosses? You cannot use adjusted grosses as a part of your argument and deliberately forget the disadvantages movies today face. Just treat the grosses as they are. CBMs are everywhere and the competition is stiff. Not to mention FIRST CLASS was a reboot. And you forgot THE WOLVERINE? That made lower than FIRST CLASS even with, yes, adjusted grosses.

Edited by kayumanggi

12 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

As box office pundits that analyse this kind of stuff? Yes, American Sniper is more impressive. For the general audiences though? What's happening with Deadpool is as much unreal to them as it's to us, especially when they get to know the budget for this. 

I don't think general audience keeps up with box office. They'll hear the "record breaking" headline on Monday's news and that will be the end of it for them. I hate reading people talk about box office on other sites especially comic sites because they know nothing about box office trends. That's why I come here lol.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hopefully with this success that also means we'll see Morena Baccarin in more movies. She's wonderful.

Happy to say I've been a fan of hers since Firefly. She deserves all the success. And not alot of people have said it but she was a big part of why Deadpool worked. Her relationship with Wade was really sweet.

• Like 1

I feel like even American Sniper's breakout is more explainable than this. Even as someone who loved the movie and always thought it would open to at least 50m, this is unfathomable. An R rated comic movie focusing on humor is going to have a top 20 OW in history. And even crazier is the fact the movie was stuck in development hell for 10 years because not a single soul believed it would be profitable.

34 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

As box office pundits that analyse this kind of stuff? Yes, American Sniper is more impressive. For the general audiences though? What's happening with Deadpool is as much unreal to them as it's to us, especially when they get to know the budget for this. 

You think general audiences are having their mind blown by box office numbers? Lmao. And they don't care about the budget either.

At best, they read some headlines about it being "biggest film ever". They really have no knowledge or interest, that is why they're called the GENERAL AUDIENCE.

Edited by Total Treecall
  • Like 4