WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Do people really put any stock in IMDB ratings? Particularly when it comes to superhero/fandom movies? 

IMDb is more important than RT. You know that.

And I'm coming to your house. I'll be dressed in red and carrying a unicorn(along with a Hello Kitty backpack full of surprises).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

From what I've read about the movie, Daddario isn't enough reason to see it because she's apparunforgivable it much.

I mean she's playing  a secondary. Do you buy that for a second?

Daddario is not even in the book. They made her up for the movie. But thats understandable since the last third of the book is unforgivably horrible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeadArachnid!™ said:

"I guess we should have made the X-Men films funnier."

-Fox exec

If by "funnier" they get that they should go closer to the source material and change the directions that are holding these characters back, then I'm all for it. The X-Men can be fun. Actually, the Avengers and Justice League were known for a LONG time for being the boring teams. The X-Men were the funnier and cooler ones. For a hell of a long time. I

4 minutes ago, DeadArachnid!™ said:

IMDb is more important than RT. You know that.

And I'm coming to your house. I'll be dressed in red and carrying a unicorn(along with a Hello Kitty backpack full of surprises).

OMG :lol:

AND YAY FOR $20M SUNDAY!!!!

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

If by "funnier" they get that they should go closer to the source material and change the directions that are holding these characters back, then I'm all for it. The X-Men can be fun. Actually, the Avengers and Justice League were known for a LONG time for being the boring teams. The X-Men were the funnier and cooler ones. For a hell of a long time. I

Oh...you're going back to the 60s version aren't you? Because(other than when Mojo or Longshot got involved) X-Men has been pretty dreary for at least 40 years(Although I haven't read comics for over a decade, so if you're 18, six years ago was a "hell of a long time" ago. Just yesterday for me) How old are you?

Actually, now that I looked, RT elitists(I mean users) rate the film 4.5/5...which when you do basic math and times that by two it makes the rating 9.0/10. Maybe the IMDb rating isn't as fanboy inflated as we might think?

36 minutes ago, DeadArachnid!™ said:

Oh...you're going back to the 60s version aren't you? Because(other than when Mojo or Longshot got involved) X-Men has been pretty dreary for at least 40 years(Although I haven't read comics for over a decade, so if you're 18, six years ago was a "hell of a long time" ago. Just yesterday for me) How old are you?

Pushing 35 in March, 23rd. And do you really think that the X-Men at their top back in the 90s weren't fun?

Spoiler

deathfactor12.jpg

hankmccoy0115L.jpg

2015-03-03%2B00.32.18.png

Fun, intrigue, soap opera, action, yes, the prejudice analogy with the real world was always present, but at the same time before The Avengers ever dreamed of having snark and soap opera within their stories, the X-Men did it first and did it best. Hell, I want to see the X-Men playing softball in a day off. 

Spoiler

f5c32c19694a8d4cafe84b2251a6d62a.jpg

Hell, we don't even have to go back to the ninenties. Last decade Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men was both action packed AND fun. 

Spoiler

1510049-eufy43.jpg

e8o9L9U.png

I'm a firm believer that Joss Whedon was spot on when he said "I don't want to transcend the genre; I want to embrace the genre". I feel that's exactly what Marvel Studios do and exactly what Deadpool is, a Marvel Studios like rated R film, made by Fox. Now if Fox gets the message that is embracing the genre can lead to big bucks, Marvel Studios and Warner will start having some heavy competition. Deadpool was an almost experimental endeavor for Fox: "what if we give what the fanboys that are sending us hate mail want, will it work out?" Well, it did. There's a lesson here, and it isn't making everything rated r. ;) 

Edited by iJackSparrow

12 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Pushing 35 in March, 23rd. And do you really think that the X-Men at their top back in the 90s weren't fun?

Reveal hidden contents

Fun, intrigue, soap opera, action, yes, the prejudice analogy with the real world was always present, but at the same time before The Avengers ever dreamed of having snarker and soa opera among their ranks, the X-Men did it first and did it best. Hell, I want to see the X-Men playing softball in a day off. 

Reveal hidden contents

Hell, we don't even have to go back to the ninenties. Last decade Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men was both action packed AND fun. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a firm believer that Joss Whedon was spot on when he said "I don't want to transcend the genre; I want to embrace the genre". I feel that's exactly what Marvel Studios do and exactly what Deadpool is, a Marvel Studios like rated R film, made by Fox. Now if Fox gets the message that is embracing the genre can lead to big bucks, Marvel Studios and Warner will start having some heavy competition. Deadpool was an almost experimental endeavor for Fox: "what if we give what the fanboys that are sending us hate mail want, will it work out?" Well, it did. There's a lesson here, and it isn't making everything rated r. ;) 

The Jim Lee crap? While I grew up in that era, I don't take it seriously...it was but a moment in speculator era time. (The art is so cool! Who cares if we're losing the writer who finally took the series to its true potential. Let's fire him and let the cool artist write the thing- with help of course!) They did that with McFarlane, Liefeld, etc and the only good thing to come of it was Deadpool(And not because of the "cool" artist who designed him).

Lee may have matured into a halfway decent publisher/editor, but there's a good reason they had Jeph Loeb write his 'Hush' Batman run back in the day. ;)

And a few humorous moments do not make up for absolute tragic moment after tragic moment. Crossover events took over and the more morose the idea the better. How many times have they killed Professor X or Jean Grey or someone else to sell more comics?

3 minutes ago, DeadArachnid!™ said:

The Jim Lee crap? While I grew up in that era, I don't take it seriously...it was but a moment in speculator era time. (The art is so cool! Who cares if we're losing the writer who finally took the series to its true potential. Let's fire him and let the cool artist write the thing(with help of course)!) They did that with McFarlane, Liefeld, etc and the only good thing to come of it was Deadpool(And not because of the "cool" artist who designed him).

Lee may have matured into a halfway decent publisher/editor, but there's a good reason they had Jeph Loeb write his 'Hush' Batman run back in the day. ;)

No, the Claremont era, the Fabian Nicieza era, the Joss Whedon era. Hell, Grant Morrison's era. The X-Men aren't about depression and prejudice and government/milatary wanting to kill them while they protect a world that hate and fear them ALL the time. The X-Men don't need to be jaded, dressed in monochromatic colors that look like a Blade cosplay. The X-Men simply can be better in film than what we've been handed it so far. That's why I love Deadpool so fucking much. 

All this Jesus is very depressing.  You better watch out how I will invade your threads when the Flying Spaghetti Monster Episode I : The Phantom Pasta will be released next summer.  This will most likely break all the pasta records:

Fastest Pasta movie to reach : 10K$

Widest Pasta movie opening theater count : 5

Highest grossing movie starring both Leonardo Dirigatoni and Angelina Cannellojolie : 1.5M$

First movie to be released in 5D : 3D glasses and a bowl of pasta  and meatballs is provided to the crowd.  In the middle of the movie, the crowd is prompted into throwing their meatballs at the screen triggering one of the 2 alternative endings - this is considered the 5th "D" (Leonardo's character ends up giving up pasta for rice and is barred from pasta heaven or he fully submit to pasta and becomes the Flying Spaghetti Monster's henchman and terrorizes infidels aboard his Death Colander) - a theater employee is required to count the number of meatball thrown to both sides of the screen and tally up the votes to trigger the reel change for the alternative ending, this is happening during the interlude.

First movie with an interlude that includes both catering and a religious ceremony involving Colander headgears.