WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

Just now, ThiagoMaia said:

Haha, if it was released in 2014, it would be...

Ehhhh, GOTG will still probably have a higher finish.

Why? Deadpool also has a very good reception, it has even less competition in the first six week (Guardians had TMNT) and the OW is like 25% bigger. Adding to the fact that R movies usually have longer legs, I think it will be hard to miss the 333mi

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Have you seen Voices ?

I've always I'veSelf Less ?

The captive ?

I've always

Yes ive seen them all. Loved em too but especially Captive. IVe always said he has amazing screen presence. Captive was the movie i got RTH to look up for me on a patio in downtown Toronto when we met during Tiff in 2014.

• Like 1

Deadpool, an R-rated movie about a comic book character not a lot of people know much about, made by the studio whose last attempt at a SH movie was Fant4stic, dropped in February of all months, is gonna be the 1st $100M OW earner of the year, the 1st R-rated movie to reach that mark ever, and probably a top 10 if not top 5 DOM film of the year in general.

Okay. Sure. This isn't, like, psychopathic or anything.

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Why? Deadpool also has a very good reception, it has even less competition in the first six week (Guardians had TMNT) and the OW is like 25% bigger. Adding to the fact that R movies usually have longer legs, I think it will be hard to miss the 333mi

No summer weekdays. This is probably going to beat DOFP but not much more than that. No way it grosses more than civil war or batman vs superman. Which both have more ideal release dates and wider audience appeal.

Edited by babz06

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

$48m is a higher OD than MJ2.

That's a great thing for Deadpool but so depressing for MJ2.

Well, there was arguably HG fatigue and wasn't MJ the weakest book in the series? Not to mention the incessant need to split a book into two movies.

Edited by Jay Beezy