WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

$48m is a higher OD than MJ2.

That's a great thing for Deadpool but so depressing for MJ2.

Why? That's the 4th film in a franchise. There is no comparison. The first hunger games with its 152m ow literally came out of nowhere and was way more impressive. 

28 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

God felt sorry for Ryan Reynolds box office performance as GREEN LANTERN and felt he deserved a hit I suppose and DEADPOOL is it... I still say Ryan Reynolds Best movie is "Just Friends".. Never make a sequel to that EVER..

Just Friends is one of those movies that's always fun to watch when you come across it on cable.

Always thought Amy Smart would end up a bit of a bigger star than she turned out to be.

• Like 2

I'm reminded of Entourage when Vince's aquaman movie opened and Ari called E and was like, "First west coast numbers are in and they're big....the wall crawler is in our sights and I want to squash that fucker!"

• Like 3

47.5m => 12.7m + 34.8m

Do you guys think Saturday will increase from non-preview Friday (34.8m)? Normally it should increase 10-15% for ~40m. But with Deadpool behaving so insanely I am automatically being conservative and trying to temper it's future performance. Should stay flat at 35m. At worst go down by ~10% for 32m.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

let's not pretend that Deadpool was on the same level as GotG as far as being unheard of before

Regardless, the fact that this is opening higher with a smaller target audience and no 3D is pretty spectacular. People like funny ethan

• Like 2

I can just imagine the marketing for this movie keeping pace. On Monday we'll get a video of Deadpool in a bathtub filled with cash saying something like, "I would say thank you to everyone who watched me save the world over the weekend but frankly I deserve this."

Or something like that. The possibilities are endless

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IMojammer said:

I can just imagine the marketing for this movie keeping pace. On Monday we'll get a video of Deadpool in a bathtub filled with cash saying something like, "I would say thank you to everyone who watched me save the world over the weekend but frankly I deserve this."

Or something like that. The possibilities are endless

Good thinking. I think the marketing people of Deadpool will definitely put up a vid like that. It's a funny and proud way to say "hey, we did a hell of a job and we deserve all the paise!"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

let's not pretend that Deadpool was on the same level as GotG as far as being unheard of before

Previous popularity of the character doesn't have anything to do with Deadpool and GOTG mega success. Deadpool was a D-level property before the movie came out and GOTG was Z-level.

I mean 99,9999% of GOTG audience and probably 80%+ of Deadpool's audience had no idea about the property before the movies.

• Like 1