WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Deadpool was a virtual unknown to the general public.  

Marvel comic sales disagree with you. 

Marvel put Deadpool in anything they could over last two years to milk him.

Deadpool has been in almost every single comic serise Marvel done.

F4/Avenger/x men/ x force/ Iron man/ Thor, the list goes on

Over last three years Marvel has try to put Deadpool in anything they could because it sold fast.

Look at Marvel sales for last three or four years and look at all issues that got sold and see how many had Deadpool in it.

In comic world he is very well known outside comic world in general he got well known thanks to logan's movie then his very own game that sold. Then they also Spider man cartoon that had Deadpool in many times.

Logan cartoon Movie had Deadpool in it.

Avenger cartoon had Deadpool in it.

List goes on for both comic world and outside comic world. 

It's the same combo that made Guardians so big despite being unknown: a fresh, funny campaign and, I believe, a genuine audience craving to see something new and a little irreverent.

Also, making a movie people actually enjoy and want to recommend! *GASP* Shocking how well that works.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Panda said:

The other crazy thing is that this proves (along with Daredevil and Jessica Jones on the TV front) that superhero movies don't need to be done in the generic PG-13 format to be successful.

Maybe, Marvel and DC might jump on more variances to their formulas.

Deadpool s formula is gonna get old pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Yea DP's success can be attributed to the unique concept of a comic book character covered by wonderful and engaging marketing material. I think this is one of the reasons that Suicide Squad did so well in number of views for its trailers on youtube eclipsing BvS's trailers and even matching or exceeding AOU and JW trailers. SS might see similar success if they push the marketing out for it similar to how DP has done but DP's marketing was more in your face breaking the 4th wall schtick which is in itself pretty damn unique and connected hugely with the audience in that way.

8 minutes ago, crazydom said:

Almost everyone at my job knew who he was from the Internet while none of them had heard of Ant-Man or GotG beforehand.

I know who Deadpool was since New mutants the series he started in.

At the Canada comic con last year everyone rushed to see the writer of Deadpool the very first one that is.

Edited by drakeyuuhi

I think when the word was going around that Deadpool was outselling Ant-Man, I don't think anybody quite ever expected that translating to 'Deadpool almost totalling Ant-Man's OW in its OD'. This, my friends, is history in the making.

I will be pushing my children to become box office analyists, so that I can rub in their face that I was there for the Jurassic World breakout, I was there for the Force Awakens dominance, and dammit, I was there for the Deadpool insanity too!

Edited by MCKillswitch123

10 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

Marvel comic sales disagree with you. 

Marvel put Deadpool in anything they could over last two years to milk him.

Deadpool has been in almost every single comic serise Marvel done.

F4/Avenger/x men/ x force/ Iron man/ Thor, the list goes on

Over last three years Marvel has try to put Deadpool in anything they could because it sold fast.

Look at Marvel sales for last three or four years and look at all issues that got sold and see how many had Deadpool in it.

In comic world he is very well known outside comic world in general he got well known thanks to logan's movie then his very own game that sold. Then they also Spider man cartoon that had Deadpool in many times.

Logan cartoon Movie had Deadpool in it.

Avenger cartoon had Deadpool in it.

List goes on for both comic world and outside comic world. 

What percentage of the general public reads comics?  What percentage over the age of 18?  

Sorry, the general public pretty much had no idea who Deadpool was back before this went into production.  

• Like 3

I don't think any movie this year will have an unexpected breakout like DP just did, this is a once in a year type thing, heck a once in a few years type thing. Need to monitor SS closely but I doubt it comes any where near this.

7 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I don't think any movie this year will have an unexpected breakout like DP just did, this is a once in a year type thing, heck a once in a few years type thing. Need to monitor SS closely but I doubt it comes any where near this.

Wait until you see the Jurassic World like opening weekend numbers for Independence Day: Resurgence.  

11 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Sorry, the general public pretty much had no idea who Deadpool was back before this went into production.  

How many of the general public watched Spider man in morning as kid? Where Deadpool was in show few times? Same goes for how many adult and kids seen Logan cartoon movie that had weapon x and Hulk in it? With that Deadpool? Go to Youtube and look at the Deadpool video and see how many people watched them? Deadpool game sold how many copies?

General public known who he was because almost everyone I have met has known of Deadpool either from comics or animes or shows. 

Now here the list of what Deadpool been in.

Agency x

Avengers in many ways from comics to cartoons.

Avengers unity squad

B.A.D Girls inc

code red

Deadpool corp

Deadpool

Defenders

Department K

F4

Great lake Avengers

Hard 7

Heroes for hire also was part of that same group in spider man cartoon

Infinites

Landau  Luckman and Lake

marvel vs capcom and he was one loved characters of that game.

Mercs for money

pale riders

Shield

secret Defenders

X men comics and cartoon and cartoon movies.

X force

X

Weapon x

Weapon plus

Thunderbolt

Ironman comic and cartoon

Thor

Spiderman comics and cartoons. 

Many others he been in. 

And tons of marvel video games. 

Edited by drakeyuuhi
  • Like 1

I shudder to think what the box office would be for DP if it was PG13. Yes I know the R rating made it work but lets just imagine this being PG13 with the movie being the same way it is. How much OW would we be looking at here? 200M?

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I shudder to think what the box office would be for DP if it was PG13. Yes I know the R rating made it work but lets just imagine this being PG13 with the movie being the same way it is. How much OW would we be looking at here? 200M?

Probably less than what it ended up doing because the movie could never be the same with a PG-13 rating. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Deadpool with PG13 would give me nightmares at how bad it would be. 

• Like 3