WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Huh?

Lets pretend instead of it having an R rating it has a PG13 rating instead. The movie remains the same way it is, nothing changes but the rating alone. This would mean the movie can be viewed by a larger audience automatically.

Edited by DMan7

Deadpool 2 will drop by 60%.

No more Green Lantern jokes, no more X men Jokes, no more meta Jokes about Reynolds' career.

It was fun while it lasted.

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

No, no, no you guys are mistaking my post, the movie remains the same way it is now but just stick a PG13 rating onto it instead of R. This would mean a larger audience by default and therefore a greater OW.

Unless you live in Portugal where the movie got a 14 rating, it would be impossible for the movie to be as it is and get a PG-13 rating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahnamahna said:

$142 million 4-day

$285-305 million DOM finish, because X-Men films tend to be extremely frontloaded (so a 2x-2.2x from the 4 day is pretty reasonable) 

Agree with Sat and Sun. I think your Monday is too optimistic. In 2010 VD was on a Sunday and Monday drops were harsh at 60-70% as opposed to 45-50% when Sunday is not VD.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2010-02-14

Also, 2.2x from a 4-day ow is not that front-loaded :). Cause if it gets 285-300m, then that's 2.5x from your 3-day ow despite inflated Sunday.

I feel with 35m Sunday, Monday will be 12-13m for a 120-121m 4-day and 240-250m dom.

Edited by a2knet

HOW TO BE SINGLE earned an official estimate of $5.25M on opening day Friday. #HowToBeSingle

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Huh?

Lets pretend instead of it having an R rating it has a PG13 rating instead. The movie remains the same way it is, nothing changes but the rating alone. This would be the movie can be viewed by a larger audience automatically.

Yeaaaah...I suppose so.

An r rating obviously limits your audience.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

HOW TO BE SINGLE earned an official estimate of $5.25M on opening day Friday. #HowToBeSingle

Should do a good 25M over the 4-day weekend. 

1 minute ago, Total Treecall said:

I'm not sure you understand ratings. It is impossible for the film to remain the same and get a lower rating.

Even if it did, I don't see why it would add a huge amount. Teenagers can still see it, they just have to have an 18 year old with them.

Yea I know that about the rating if it is PG13 the movie won't have alot of the R rated stuff it has but like I said just pretend that it has a PG13 rating, surely that means it would make alot more because more people have access to see it?

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

I'm not sure you understand ratings. It is impossible for the film to remain the same and get a lower rating.

Even if it did, I don't see why it would add a huge amount. Teenagers can still see it, they just have to have an 18 year old with them. Being rated pg13 isn't going to get parents to see it as a family film when the adverts show that it isn't.

That's slightly incorrect, you actually have to be 21 to accompany a minor (or 25 without an ID).

$48m OD?

Deadpool is going to destroy Matrix Reloaded's 13 year old R-Rated opening weekend record. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

It was fun while it lasted.

Na, Deadpool breaking fourth wall or jokes never get lame, it just how he says them that makes them stay funny. Don't worry Deadpool two he have Avenger jokes and civil jokes and tons other things. 

I just hope Deadpool two has some cable/deadpool friendship in it. 

Edited by drakeyuuhi
  • Like 1

Just now, DMan7 said:

Yea I know that about the rating if it is PG13 the movie won't have alot of the R rated stuff it has but like I said just pretend that it has a PG13 rating, surely that means it would make alot more because more people have access to see it?

That would mean we would live in an entirely different world where it would be common to see movies like Deadpool because most stuff would get a PG-13 rating. 

He means hypothetically.

Oh no, I get it. It's just a bizarre hypothetical to ask.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

48M OD lmao. There is a real chance it ends as the biggest comic-book movie of the year.

No. Just no. Its numbers are amazing but no.

9 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

The more I think sbout it, the more I think this did well cause of Ryan Reynolds and female appeal, plus, it's MARVEL and a Holiday weekend.. Now, like I said, the real test for this will be it's 2nd weekend and how well this will hold or if it's frontloaded to the Max???

It was less Reynolds, and more of the case of the right project and the right actor mainly.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Just now, CJohn said:

That would mean we would live in an entirely different world where it would be common to see movies like Deadpool because most stuff would get a PG-13 rating. 

Just being hypothetical for this given movie. If DP makes 140M OW with an R rating which means it limits the audience who sees the movie, then if it gets a PG13 rating, the movie remains exactly the same it is nothing changes about the movie whatsoever only the PG13 rating then it automatically becomes accessible to a larger audience and that 140M OW can possibly be alot higher.