WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

CA: CW will make at least 400 M imo.

I see less than that mainly because half of the people in the civil war isn't going be in the movie thanks to they don't own rights to these characters. That even if they follow the comics at all. 

Trust me I loved civil war comics and I got them but without key members it feels strange. 

Edited by drakeyuuhi

5 hours ago, Fake said:

So, a Deadpool movie will blow a Spiderman movie's(TASM2) gross out of the park???

10 years ago, who would have thought?

Well, 10 years ago nobody predicted just how big Sony would fuck-up the Spideman franchise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

I see less than that mainly because half of the people in the civil war isn't going be in the movie thanks to they don't own rights to these characters. That even if they follow the comics at all. 

Trust me I loved civil war comics and I got them but without key members it feels strange. 

I said they same thing before but I think the GA is clueless about it. lol

10 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think the question is totally answerable though but no worries man. :)

Maybe the answer is Yes. But what's the purpose of this question if you have to pretend PG-13 and R rated movies are not different from each other?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If my dad can get off of work early enough, if not probably tomorrow. The GOP debate is tonight and I'm not missing that :lol: 

Fuck the GOP debate :sarah: 

• Like 1

Unbelievable that this thing is gonna open bigger than every single Marvel property not named Avengers, Iron Man or Spider-Man (well, one of the SM movies, SM3). By this rate, it'll bring in the same OW as Man Of Steel, possibly in the 3-day run already. Insane.

6 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I don't think Deadpool will be the biggest CBM of the year - that will go to BvS or SS, whatever breaks out the most.

I'm not even sure Civil War will reach 300m domestic.

That's impossible not to happen. The Winter Soldier did $254M, and that was based entirely off of post-Avengers effect and excellent WOM, and it wasn't even in Marvel's typically killer 1st weekend of May, but rather in April. With the added Iron Man/Spider-Man/Black Panther/Ant-Man starpower, the goodwill of TWS carrying over and the general 2 year anticipation since Feige's original announcement (w/the trailer breaking records, the TV spot stealing the Super Bowl and the great buzz throughout social media), Civil War will break $300M for sure. Only way it doesn't is if the movie is mindblowingly bad, and even then it's a question mark.