WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

I love how the majority of people on this thread expected low numbers then act like know it alls when it surprises making comments like "it's made this because of this, that and the other" when all the evidence pointed to a breakout a fortnight ago. Where were you guys then? We knew the marketing was amazing, we knew buzz was high, we knew the trailers were getting great reaction and we know regardless of what people say That CBMs are earning more than ever, yeah most people were still predicting in the 40-50m range, the same opening as mad Max. It didn't take a genius to work out this was more appealing and mire hyped than the likes of mad Max.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Most entertaining trainwreck on TV since True Detective Season 2 :kitschjob:

Lmao, the only difference is that TD2 wasn't about deciding the future leader of the biggest country in the world :lol: 

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's because it is, CJohn. Join us tonight! It's probably taking over this thread anyways :lol: 

I am not gonna see it, I would have no clue what they would be talking about :lol: I am probably gonna follow your discussions in the thread, tho :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

You have too, because if you actually stop and think who could become President, it's fucking terrifying.

Either Cruz or Trump. Don't bullshit me America.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I love how the majority of people on this thread expected low numbers then act like know it alls when it surprises making comments like "it's made this because of this, that and the other" when all the evidence pointed to a breakout a fortnight ago. Where were you guys then? We knew the marketing was amazing, we knew buzz was high, we knew the trailers were getting great reaction and we know regardless of what people say That CBMs are earning more than ever, yeah most people were still predicting in the 40-50m range, the same opening as mad Max. It didn't take a genius to work out this was more appealing and mire hyped than the likes of mad Max.

I didn't even think the marketing was great. And I'm fine to admit how surprised I am that it obviously did its job.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

TD...... YD........ Title (Click to View)................................................... Studio Daily Gross % +/-......... YD / LW... Theaters / Avg............... Gross To-Date............... Day.....
1 -  Deadpool Fox $47,500,000 - - 3,558 $13,350 $47,500,000 1
2 -  How to Be Single WB $5,250,000 - - 3,343 $1,570 $5,250,000 1
3 -  Zoolander 2 Par. $4,200,000 - - 3,394 $1,237 $4,200,000 1
4 Kung Fu Panda 3 Fox $3,875,000 +281% -25% 3,844 $1,008 $78,137,387 15
5 Hail, Caesar! Uni. $1,470,000 +118% -66% 2,248 $654 $16,234,970 8
6 The Revenant Fox $1,300,000 +125% -38% 2,266 $574 $153,564,599 50
7 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $1,204,000 +106% -32% 1,810 $665 $909,848,964 57
8 The Choice LGF $1,150,000 +158% -54% 2,631 $437 $9,159,551 8
9 Ride Along 2 Uni. $820,000 +225% -40% 1,564 $524 $79,351,235 29
10 12  The Boy (2016) STX $633,000 +233% -51% 1,450 $437 $28,498,587 22

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lmao, the only difference is that TD2 wasn't about deciding the future leader of the biggest country in the world :lol: 

I am not gonna see it, I would have no clue what they would be talking about :lol: I am probably gonna follow your discussions in the thread, tho :lol: 

Either Cruz or Trump. Don't bullshit me America.

Just watch and we'll guide you in the chat.

Besides, you don't need to understand the candidates failing to even properly get on the stage right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I was predicting around 85m and still was shocked, so I get what you mean, but don't blame me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Your review should be a good one. 

I write shitty reviews, because my brain is incapable of having more than about 4-5 points to articulate nowadays.

I haven't shit on Deadpool too hard but I haven't been over the moon with marketing outside of God DMX's usage. We shall see. I am praying to Nolan to give me new BvS trailer.

Just now, MrPink said:

Just watch and we'll guide you in the chat.

Besides, you don't need to understand the candidates failing to even properly get on the stage right.

I still haven't seen that footage :ohmyzod: 

If we get into chat mode tonight I promise I will watch it while we discuss it in there for the lolz :lol: