76 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

But did he leave the stove on or not?!?!?!

This question will haunt me until the day I die!

yes he did leave the stove on but his blind, cocaine addicted, roommate turned it off for him...maybe, but it fits the movie :P

ok I had a ball with this movie.  The opening credits, yes the opening credits themselves were even funny.

I won't go much into the story because its a basic origin story about how he is actually a semi nice guys, meets a girl he likes, gets cancer goes to get cured but is turned into a mutant, etc etc, since everyone gets that from the trailers and while that is all good, it's not the best parts :P

The 12 bullet segment was great and when he tries to fight Colossus and breaks both hands and one leg is hilarious.  

the after credit scenes referencing the end credits in Ferris Bueller were great and I hope it is true that they are bringing in Cable in the sequel that would be great.

the breaking the 4th wall while breaking the 4th wall so he was breaking 16 walls got a good laugh as did most bits in the film.

the Stan lee as the "dj" in the strip club was one of his better cameos.

Ryan Reynolds even made fun of himself saying "looks are everything, look at Ryan Reynolds, do you think he gets by on his acting technique?"  lol

all the meta stuff worked for me too especially the joke about the X-Men time line when they said they were taking him to Prof X and he said "James McAvory or Patrick Stewart, your timelines are so confusing" or something close to that lol

Overall, it is exactly as it is marketed a smart ass, raunchy, over the top and good action too when it was there

Oh the music was great and fit perfectly and the Deadpool rap was awesome and I want to find a place to download it already 

I can probably say the bad guy wasn't all that great, but I can get past that due to the other stuff

There is more I am sure, but I had to just jot down what I could quickly remember since I am at work.

A- at least

Edited by 75live
  • Like 7

I do have to see it again. I missed the opening credit as it started earlier then I was expecting. 

Just thinking about the closing credit scene. It was great but it would have been awesome if Matthew Broderick came through the door and said something like. 

"Ryan, what the fuck are you doing in my house again? Take off that ridiculous costume and get out!"

Edited by DeeCee

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I do have to see it again. I missed the opening credit as it started earlier then I was expecting. 

Just thinking about the closing credit scene. It was great but it would have been awesome if Matthew Broderick came through the door and said something like. 

"Ryan, what the fuck are you doing in my house again? Take off that ridiculous costume and get out!"

I disagree.......I thought it was done to perfection.  There were so many movie references and pop culture nods that the Ferris Bueller nod was absolutely perfect.  

• Like 1

Damn I wish there was more options then just A and B, because I would rate this right in the middle around a B+. It easily lived up to expectations because I'm still thinking about it from last night. 

I already wrote what I thought in the official thread (I had a blast), so instead I'd rather just do this.

What were the funniest moments for you guys?:

My list (from what I remember):
The opening credits
After the wreck, one of the thugs looks over and see's Deadpool in his seductive pose followed by him saying which bullet he is on
International womans day
The exchange between Deadpool and Negasonic Teenage Warhead on the freeway
Deadpool nonchalantly chucking a hubcap at AJAXs head while Colossus is trying to talk to him about being good.
Deadpools reaction when AJAX is missing. The multiple head turns back towards the audience after the OMG face.
The entire Deadpool and Colossus fight scene ("Oh I feel so sorry for your wife!")
Deadpool referencing back to X-Men Origins with the Deadpool action figure
Wade telling AJAX he was named after a dish soap
The shots taken at the Taken series. "You know by the third movie, you think he would just figure out that he's a bad father."
The extended avacado exchange. TJ Millers added lines that were not in the trailer were great.
#driveby 
Wades comment about how Blind Al needs to leave because of what he is going to do with his little hand.
Weasel saying "I would go with you, but I don't wanna"
Deadpool showing up at the X-Men mansion and wondering where everyone else is. "I guess they could only fit two mutants on the budget"
The entire scene in the cab before the climax.
The X Gon Give It To Ya Montage starting and being cut short when Negasonic Teenage Warhead asks Deadpool where the bag is
The entire scene that follows showing that Deadpool left most of the weapons in a Hello Kitty backpack in the front seat of the cab drivers car.
Deadpool screaming when Negasonic Teenage Warhead launches him up
The vision Deadpool see's of Vanessa after being stabbed in the head. The music choice and animation was perfect here
Deadpool shooting AJAX in the head after Colossus drones on
The first credits scene showing an animated Deadpool jacking a unicorn off and it emitting rainbows each time
The final post credits scene paying homage to Ferris Buelers day off. Genius.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting but that's for anyone who says that the funniest stuff was in the trailers. Easily one of the funniest comedies I've seen in a long time with a believable romance and plenty of tragedy. 

Was such a fun theater experience.

#maximumeffort!

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I missed the Liam Neeson Taken stuff.....now I have to see it again lol

I believe it was when they were in bed and he was about to leave her to go get the "cure".  It was funn.  It's one of the few things I forgot to write in my review up above 

• Like 1

This was really fun. At first Deadpool's smartass attitude threatened to get on my nerves, but once the movie starts letting us get to understand his character the behavior starts to feel more relatable and more entertaining as a result. I was laughing pretty much every 30 seconds for the last 45 minutes or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 75live said:

I believe it was when they were in bed and he was about to leave her to go get the "cure".  It was funn.  It's one of the few things I forgot to write in my review up above 

Yeah it was, the first line was like "I was having this horrible nightmare where I was trying to kidnap Liam Neeson's daughter, and he wasn't having it"

Then he gets in bed with Vanessa and says the line about the three movies. So funny.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah it was, the first line was like "I was having this horrible nightmare where I was trying to kidnap Liam Neeson's daughter, and he wasn't having it"

Then he gets in bed with Vanessa and says the line about the three movies. So funny.

And he says something like "maybe Liam Neeson is just a poor father".

• Like 1

Even beyond all the fun, R-rated, irreverent humor, one great thing is how lean the film is. Too often, comic book movies are overstuffed, especially with massively escalating third acts. It's always about saving the world. Deadpool never gets away from the plot as introduced at the beginning. The focus of the stakes change (from revenge to rescue) but the scale is the same. That's nice, because it keeps things on a more personal, relatable level.

Actually, the scale might be the most subversive aspect of the film.

Plus, I laughed a lot.

4/5

• Like 1

I think there was just so much pop culture references in here that I was bound to miss one....not sure how I missed that one, that's pretty funny.....oh well...just means I need to see it again.

Did anyone else get the Cobra reference...besides @75live

• Like 1

I did like the slightly differently designed derelict heli-carrier in the 3rd act. It wasn't just different enough and not called a heli-carrier so as to avoid any rights issues with Marvel and the MCU. 

Edited by DeeCee

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

I think there was just so much pop culture references in here that I was bound to miss one....not sure how I missed that one, that's pretty funny.....oh well...just means I need to see it again.

Did anyone else get the Cobra reference...besides @75live

happy to see that you knew I got that reference :P 

• Like 1

The Taken joke had me in stitches.

"Omg honey it is nothing, I just had a nightmare I kidnapped Liam Neeson's daughter and he would come for me"

And then he goes to bed and he is like "Can you believe they made 3 of those? I mean, by the third one people would realize maybe he is just a bad parent :lol: "

• Like 3