76 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I saw this last night and I really dug it.  I'm really pissed I didn't see this on OW with a full theater.

I saw it last night. I loved it. I wish I would seen it with a full theater. Such a surprise for me. 

Saw it last night, and I have to say I am one who is walking in that knows literally zero about this as I don't follow marvel or any of that stuff. For me, this was really solid: it had lots of humor, great action scenes, good characters (which Reynolds I thought knocked Wade out of the park), and pace wise I thought the film moved swiftly and always had your attention.

I think my only negative were two things: One was how he became a "super" powered human, Francis made a comment that the whole torture things he was going through actually wouldn't do anything to cure him, which made me think they scammed him. So, when Wade did have powers I was a bit confused, and I'm still confused as to how again. Like, did they discover enough stress will make a person somehow become incredibly super powered? My second was the villain Francis, I just didn't buy him being the "main" evil villain. I could buy him maybe being an underling (which in the beginning of the movie Deadpool kicked his ass easily), but somehow Francis is this big powerful enemy and for some reason I just didn't buy into him. 

Other than hang those two minor things I can say I definitely like this movie and will want to see it again, and definitely will buy it when it comes out on DVD. It also was really refreshing to have some R rated jokes and raunchiness in a superhero flick. I gave this movie an A, overall 8.5/10.

• Like 3

^^

@K1stpierre

well to explain how Wade got his powers.  They injected him with something that was to get his mutant genes ready as apparently everyone has them, but they just don't always appear.  But it has been established in other Marvel movies that the mutant gene/powers don't start until the person is under some major stress.  That is why they were torturing Wade, to try to get the mutant part to activate.  Basically, it either works or the person dies.  Obviously with Wade, it worked but not only giving him unlimited healing powers, it mutated his skin as well.  To try to keep him a "slave", besides the control thing, Francis lied to him that he could heal the skin part.

and yes Francis basically lied about curing the cancer too, because he doesn't know what power Wade would have.  It was just an excuse to get Wade to give permission for the experiments.

Edited by 75live
  • Like 4

Saw this last week, wasn't too bad. The things I really liked about it (the cartoonishly violent action, Ryan Reynolds in the role, Colossus and Negasonic) were offset by the cons (generic plot, fourth wall breaking meta humour which got really old for me by the first half hour).

A lot of the jokes land, so there's definitely a some laughter to be had; hell, he made that Sinead O'Connor reference twice, and I still laughed both times. I preferred those jokes to the ones like the "McAvoy or Stewart" line. People seem to dig the latter, but self referential humour really isn't my thing. There were basically only two action set pieces, and if you've seen the trailers, you've seen most of one of them (the highway parts). Also was disappointed we didn't get any sweet topless Morena Baccarin action. Cursing and violence are fine, but I like a little nudity with my R movies too thank you very much.

Overall a C is about right. I enjoyed it at the time right; not enough to get it on blu ray, but definitely enough to look forward to a sequel.

8 hours ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Saw this last week, wasn't too bad. The things I really liked about it (the cartoonishly violent action, Ryan Reynolds in the role, Colossus and Negasonic) were offset by the cons (generic plot, fourth wall breaking meta humour which got really old for me by the first half hour).

A lot of the jokes land, so there's definitely a some laughter to be had; hell, he made that Sinead O'Connor reference twice, and I still laughed both times. I preferred those jokes to the ones like the "McAvoy or Stewart" line. People seem to dig the latter, but self referential humour really isn't my thing. There were basically only two action set pieces, and if you've seen the trailers, you've seen most of one of them (the highway parts). Also was disappointed we didn't get any sweet topless Morena Baccarin action. Cursing and violence are fine, but I like a little nudity with my R movies too thank you very much.

Overall a C is about right. I enjoyed it at the time right; not enough to get it on blu ray, but definitely enough to look forward to a sequel.

ryan reynolds was nude ;)

On 3/10/2016 at 8:50 AM, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Morena is blink and you'll miss in terms of what you wanted to see from her.

Finally got around to watching this, I liked it about as much as I expected to, it had some really funny moments, Ryan Reynolds was really good, as was Morena Baccarin. and the action was really good, if a little too violent for the sake of violence, which it's deadpool so I get it, just not really my thing. I really didn't like how the X-Men were incorporated into this, Colossus and Negasonic felt really cheap and cartoony. although the "It's almost like they didn't have the budget for more X-Men" joke was great. villain was super meh too. but it was enjoyable enough B+ 

This is a very fun movie

However the superhero storyline is really an afterthought to me and it's more of a parody of the genre.

However the jokes are legend

7.5/10

However I have doubts the sequel will be as cool.

A quirky, deranged, frantic film and most importantly, a hell of a good time. This is up there with Avengers and GotG as the funniest CBM I've seen and the action is awesome, too. Ryan Reynolds was born to play this role, TJ Miller was hilarious and the rest of the cast was solid. The Soundtrack is also fantastic and really fits the movie's tone. However, the villain and the plot are fairly generic, which keeps this from being a great movie. But ultimately that doesn't really matter as it's just so much fun. The second-best CBM of 2016 (not far behind Civil War) and the third-best X-Men film (behind DOFP and X2).

Grade: B+

Upon rewatch, Deadpool’s humor nearly entirely falls away with a few moments really still causing a chuckle. However, it surprisingly holds up as a film thanks to the depth given to Wade and Vanessa’s relationship. It’s a sweet story that doesn’t need the comedy to make it strong. Some of the action is still fun too, and Reynolds fits the character like a glove. Overall, Deadpool doesn’t transcend the superhero origin story, but it’s still a solid comic book movie nevertheless. C+