GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

12 minutes ago, #ED said:

Didnt you re-think this? Yeah. There's no going back.

I can tolerate it now but its still as stupid as they come.

Just now, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Shouldn't have risen came out closer to Easter. 

Too many other Christian movies over the next 5 weeks. Young Messiah, Miracles from Heaven and Gods not dead 2. Getting ahead of competition by releasing early.

• Like 1

Just now, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Shouldn't have risen came out closer to Easter. 

I guess they wanted to be away from the influx of other Christian-themed movies (The Young Messiah, Miracles from Heaven, and- gulp- God's Not Dead 2) opening around that time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Too many other Christian movies over the next 5 weeks. Young Messiah, Miracles from Heaven and Gods not dead 2. Getting ahead of competition by releasing early.

Don't forget about Passion 2: Electric Bugaloo.....the break dancing version of the Crucifixion story

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Some people use the same logic for animated movies. 

Kids liked it, so it must be good, right? wrong.

A good movie would please people from different demographics, not just the target audience.

That's like saying Guns and Roses' Appetite for Destruction isn"t a good album because church ladies don't like it.

10 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Some people use the same logic for animated movies. 

Kids liked it, so it must be good, right? wrong.

A good movie would please people from different demographics, not just the target audience.

That's ridiculous.  No film is going to please everyone.  There are people who don't like Pixar films and Guardians of the Galaxy.

You and Futurist, doing your best to feebly hold on to some ridiculous thread of hope that somehow this film won't do well....I think you're a little late.

where did I say anything about pleasing everyone? I said it should be able to please all kinds of people.

Baumer, I didn't mention Deadpool in my post, I wasn't referring to Deadpool and I didn't even post about Deadpool in days.

So, WTF you are talking about? I was only questioning grey ghost's notion that non-fan opinions are somehow invalid because they are not into the character, which is realllllllly close to "they just don't get it" argument.

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Seems like a terrible drop from last weekend for deadpool. Not to say it's run is bad or anything, bc its been amazing!!

I don't get it.  How is it terrible drop?  The actual Friday number is 33 million.  Of course there was a rush factor to it.  That's what outstanding marketing does to your film, gets people wanting to see it OW.

6 minutes ago, #ED said:

So I said Deadpool sucks, the immediate general response is, "Well TDKR sucked"...

Great job fellas. Remind me to bump the TDKR review thread in a few weeks.

This site's infatuation with Nolan mildly creeps me out from time to time. I can't imagine what his reaction would be if he ever came to visit this site. He'd probably laugh and say, "all of you need to get a job." lol.

9 minutes ago, #ED said:

So I said Deadpool sucks, the immediate general response is, "Well TDKR sucked"...

It's a classic typical BOF response.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 minute ago, #ED said:

What's wrong with saying TDKR sucked when @WrathOfHan made the comparison a few pages back? It's just an opinion man that some of us share. We know plenty of people disagree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This site's infatuation with Nolan mildly creeps me out from time to time. I can't imagine what his reaction would be if he ever came to visit this site. He'd probably laugh and say, "all of you need to get a job." lol.

I'm retired. Screw working. This is more fun among other things.

• Like 1