Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grey ghost

"The Fast and the Furious" franchise's box office perspective

It is impressive for sure. Ill be interested if they try to continue the franchise without the original cast.

The Toretto/O'Conner saga has to come to an end sometime. I have a hard time believing they'll push their story past 9.

Great thread.  I agree that this series is really shocking.  It was stagnant and then they bring back Dom and bang, it blows up again.  Pretty brilliant.

The fact that the comeback has been sustained for 3 films after the 3 original films is the most impressive part about it. Most franchises crash and burn permanently by the time #3 rolls around, let alone #6.

James Bond and it's Brosnan comeback should also get a mention.

Great thread.  I agree that this series is really shocking.  It was stagnant and then they bring back Dom and bang, it blows up again.  Pretty brilliant.

Making that film without Dom was a terrible decision.

Here's the article that inspired this thread. 

From Time Magazine:

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/06/03/vroom-to-grow-how-fast-furious-became-hollywoods-greatest-action-movie-franchise/