WrathOfHan

Monday numbers: Deadpool $4,465,513 | Risen $908,711 | The Witch $715,384

IM2 and DP had similar OWs - 128 vs 132m.

IM2 made 52m in the 2nd weekend and added 101 more to it's run after that.

DP made 56.5m in the 2nd weekend which took it to 236m. So even with IM2's legs it will get to 340m.

But it's reception is opposite of IM2. They had similar 2nd weekend drop only because previews have gotten bigger and Valentine Sunday along with that inflated DP's ow.

Otherwise from now on it should do much better than IM2.

Can't see it below 350m.

11 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Damn, GOTG had pretty solid legs, if a 130M OW movie will barely manage to top it.

Actually, comparing the second WE-Drop minus VD-Boost, they had a compareable drop on 2nd WE. Deadpool could very well go the GOTG-way from here, we don't know this, yet. 

17 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Is there a domestic thread for The Mermaid? It's a friggen monster in China and is off to a strong start in limited release here despite a rushed distribution deal and next to no marketing. Has a real chance to crack the worldwide top ten for the year

Checking it out Thursday. Was pleasantly surprised to see it's screening somewhere in Pittsburgh. Very much looking forward to it. I mean, I like all of Chow's output, even CJ7.

8 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I'm surprised BOM hasn't updated the OS-gross for Stephen Chow's Mermaid.... :mellow:

Considering the fact that it made over nearly $435M OS...(if you count all the other foreign releases, besides China)

I mean, it's not like BOM, aren't noticing that.

Actually it's all there. I think that someone forgot to link a data table when it was added. Look under foreign. It was only rushed into the system last weekend. 

• Like 1