Open weekend

HB at 22 million

LL at 31 million

Closed domestic gross

HB at 61 million

LL at 95 million

Edited by ClaudeManhattan

29 minutes ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

Looks like a terrible movie with cheap jokes,  but it will do very good business.

Kinda looks like you have an agenda.

Not a RR fan or a SJ fan either. The only movie I like RR in really is Deadpool (fit perfect for the role) and SJ in PulpFiction, other than that I find most of their movies ehhh.  This reminds me a little of Die Hard with a Vengence (replace BW with RR).

The trailer just doesn't do it for me, but will check it out with an open mind.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, baumer said:

Kinda looks like you have an agenda.

You and everybody on this forum has some kinda of an agenda. 

I was not intending on starting a club, l just wanted to read different people thoughts.

Plus my title was not misleading.

Just because I think a movie will be terrible doesn't mean l have an agenda.

Moderator, you are wrong.

3 hours ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

You and everybody on this forum has some kinda of an agenda. 

I was not intending on starting a club, l just wanted to read different people thoughts.

Plus my title was not misleading.

Just because I think a movie will be terrible doesn't mean l have an agenda.

Moderator, you are wrong.

I'm not wrong for locking your thread. It's misleading in every way.

Okay.  Here's the thing.  Your thread didn't add anything new to the original thread.  You basically opened a redundant topic.  If you would like to discuss whether or not Logan Lucky can open more than THB, then you can do that in either one of the respective threads.  The Hitman's Bodyguard or Logan Lucky.  Or you can make a club that says something like, "  Logan Lucky OW over The Hitmna's Bodyguard OW"  Then, following club rules, you can write out 4-5 reasons as to why you think your club is a viable one.  

You did none of that.  You also had an incredibly misleading title.  The way you worded it, it's like you traveled through time and already had the data for us.  

So I don't have an agenda, but we do have structure and rules for the site.  It keeps things running smoothly.  You opened a thread that didn't need to be opened because there are other places to discuss what you mentioned.

• Like 1

Here's the link and the wording of the club rules:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20452-box-office-topic-archives-club-guidelines-please-link-new-topics-here/

Hello members:

I'll keep this short and sweet.  Please, when making clubs (an over club, an under club and so on) tell us why you are starting the club.  What we are trying to accomplish with this is that it's better to start a club that you feel strongly about instead of just starting a club for the hell of it. 

For example, this is what we don't want:

Expendables 3 over Expendables 2 Mission:

Who's in?

There is no thought to this and it's arbitrary.

A club should be 8-10 sentences.  Put some thought into it, do a little research, give us some historical data, some precedent.  In short, make the club look sexy.

Any questions let us know. 

Thanks,

The Staff

• Like 2

I don't want to get into a back and forth with the moderator, but he is just wrong. I was not starting a club. 

The moderator said my title was misleading, wrong again. Everybody that comes to this site knows movies and knows when a movie is released.

Just because I choose the phrase "opening weekend" instead of " the weekend of 8/18/2017" doesn't mean I was being misleading. Anybody who is interested in Hitman's Bodyguard and/or Logan Lucky knows they are coming out in August. 

It unfortunately that the moderator is favoring one movie and using lame reasoning to shut down my thread. 

I don't want to get into a back and forth with the moderator, but he is just wrong. I was not starting a club. 
The moderator said my title was misleading, wrong again. Everybody that comes to this site knows movies and knows when a movie is released.
Just because I choose the phrase "opening weekend" instead of " the weekend of 8/18/2017" doesn't mean I was being misleading. Anybody who is interested in Hitman's Bodyguard and/or Logan Lucky knows they are coming out in August. 
It unfortunately that the moderator is favoring one movie and using lame reasoning to shut down my thread. 

Nah, your title was confusing. And you didn't have any reasons for the club.@baumer made the right call.
  • Like 1