kayumanggi

THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE | 244.8 M overseas ● 352.3 M worldwide

59 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I'll tell "why"......because you expected way too much better. (Seriously, your predictions are overblown. :ph34r:)

And besides, DAJK is right.

It's not what I expected. I never expected it to do really well (>$500M WW). I'm just saying Sony made it sound like they had a super-blockbuster on their hands.

"because DAJK is right" is not an argument. Take a look at Disney or Illumination and how well they execute their animated films. Sony is useless at doing that. Their best animated film is The Smurfs which would have been successful anyway and they completely tanked with Smurfs 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quigley said:

It's not what I expected. I never expected it to do really well (>$500M WW). I'm just saying Sony made it sound like they had a super-blockbuster on their hands.

"because DAJK is right" is not an argument. Take a look at Disney or Illumination and how well they execute their animated films. Sony is useless at doing that. Their best animated film is The Smurfs which would have been successful anyway and they completely tanked with Smurfs 2.

The 2 Hotel Transylvania films are nice hits, and that isn't because "they would have been hits anyways". There's always an extent of a film's success that must be attributed to marketing. In this case, Angry Birds have been everywhere, and honestly, a 43M OS weekend isn't something to scoff at. Hotel Transylvania 2 numbers could really be in play for this.

3 hours ago, Quigley said:

Dude, i get the fucking point! :angry: I'm not stupid or anything. :slaphead:

Why do you have to be the one to say the obvious, Captain Obvious?:sadben:

Don't flat out tell at my face, things i already know, lol. It's your problem, not mine, lol.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Dude, i get the fucking point! :angry: I'm not stupid or anything. :slaphead:

Why do you have to be the one to say the obvious, Captain Obvious?:sadben:

Don't flat out tell at my face, things i already know, lol. It's your problem, not mine, lol.

Your previous post didn't indicate that you get the point. If you were being sarcastic, I rarely understand sarcasm so it's not my fault.

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

The 2 Hotel Transylvania films are nice hits, and that isn't because "they would have been hits anyways". There's always an extent of a film's success that must be attributed to marketing. In this case, Angry Birds have been everywhere, and honestly, a 43M OS weekend isn't something to scoff at. Hotel Transylvania 2 numbers could really be in play for this.

Yeah they were defo successful but they were not Angry Birds, which is one of the biggest apps ever. The potential was much bigger than $43M.

13 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Yeah they were defo successful but they were not Angry Birds, which is one of the biggest apps ever. The potential was much bigger than $43M.

Sure, but it is just an app, and a free app at that. People who play the game download it for free and a lot of the audience wouldn't pay to see a movie. I know that comparison is tedious, but also don't forget the app is wayyyyy past its prime.

All things considered, 130DOM and 230OS would certainly be a great number for this.

18 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Your previous post didn't indicate that you get the point. If you were being sarcastic, I rarely understand sarcasm so it's not my fault.

Ohmygod I know lol. Internet sarcasm can sometimes be so hard to detect when it's subtle because there is no tone in the post to detect! :)

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

:kitschjob:............No, it wasn't sarcasm at all.

And sorry for the bit of rant there....but please, at least understand other people's points for once...not try to prove them wrong...just for needed attention.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Ohmygod I know lol. Internet sarcasm can sometimes be so hard to detect when it's subtle because there is no tone in the post to detect! :)

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

:kitschjob:............No, it wasn't sarcasm at all.

And sorry for the bit of rant there....but please, at least understand other people's points for once...not try to prove them wrong...just for needed attention.

Bottom line is I asked a simple question: why you think that Sony has nothing to do with Angry Birds not doing as well as they were expecting?

Ten posts laster, I'm being ranted at, I'm receiving all sorts of sarastic or non-sarcastic comments for nothing and no one has answered the question (unless, "because DAJK is right" is an answer). I'm still trying to understand what I did wrong.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Sure, but it is just an app, and a free app at that. People who play the game download it for free and a lot of the audience wouldn't pay to see a movie. I know that comparison is tedious, but also don't forget the app is wayyyyy past its prime.

All things considered, 130DOM and 230OS would certainly be a great number for this.

You're right. It's not like they're gonna make a loss on this one. I don't think it's fair to say this won't be profitable/successful. Obviously expectations are very subjective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

Bottom line is I asked a simple question: why you think that Sony has nothing to do with Angry Birds not doing as well as they were expecting?

Ten posts laster, I'm being ranted at, I'm receiving all sorts of sarastic or non-sarcastic comments for nothing and no one has answered the question (unless, "because DAJK is right" is an answer). I'm still trying to understand what I did wrong.

You're right. It's not like they're gonna make a loss on this one. I don't think it's fair to say this won't be profitable/successful. Obviously expectations are very subjective.

I'm not too sure they were expecting too much, when Sony released the report it was meant to sound better than it was. Lots of studios make comparisons like that :)

• Like 3